Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for B1 business visa interview preparation

Hello everyone,

I would like to take your help in preparing for my interview. It is scheduled at the end of this month.

I am a team lead in an IT company and working here for the last 3 years. My total experience is 8+ years and am getting around 90k per month salary.

The main purpose of my visa is to provide training and transfer knowledge to the client team during data transfer from our system to the new system. As the process in final phase and the onsite presence will help the client not to lose the business.

Duration of trip: 4 weeks.

Personal information:
    Married and One child
    My Father is farmer

Please help me in preparing for interwar questions and answers. Please also tell me the positive or negative points of my profile so that I can work on it.

Thanks.

You'll need to prove 2 things:
    1. You'll return - your family & kid could be a good reason.
    2. You are really needed to this visit for the business - prove that you are "the" best person, usually a TL is not needed to meet clients, its a manager's job. Or if you say that you going to execute some tool etc, its "working", which is not allowed on B1. So prepare yourself accordingly.

Questions by VO, could be indirect to understand if you are really needed to visit, frame your answer accordingly. Plenty of sites & this forum also, sharing lots of questions being asked by VO.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14 for response, Please help me with more queries:
      1. Should I wear the company's ID card during the interview?.
      2. Should I need to convert my annual salary to us $ ? my salary is 108000 per anuam, Please suggest a good format for pronunciation.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by pardeep2014 View Post
        1. Should I wear the company's ID card during the interview?.
        Not required, but better to look professional, like formal dress, clean save.
        Originally posted by pardeep2014 View Post
        2. Should I need to convert my annual salary to us $ ? my salary is 108000 per anuam, Please suggest a good format for pronunciation.
        Not required, but to avoid any confusion, you can say 108K INR PA (pronounced "hundred and eight K Indian Rupees per annum").
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X