Difference in given names in old passport and visa vs new passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in given names in old passport and visa vs new passport

I recently got my passport renewed. While filling the form it asked to enter the given name as FirstName + MiddleName. However in my old (expired) passport it is only the FirstName. Please refer to the details below and question at the end.

In Old passport and Visa
    Given name : FirstName
    Surname : MiddleName + LastName

In New passport (renewed)
    Given name : FirstName + MiddleName
    Surname : LastName

I need to travel to US on B1 Visa. The ticket will have name present in new passport which will be "Surname / FirstName MiddleName". It will not match with the Visa printed in old passport. Will it be any problem? Please advise.

Last edited by harshanadiger; 01-16-2020, 07:34 AM.

My mother in law is visiting us by 1’st Feb 2020. Her old passport, visa and renewed passport details given below where you can see some changes the way name is given after renewal of passport. She will be visiting USA first time, will there be any issue due to way name mention in renewed passport and Visa? Expired Passport

As long as the spelling is matching & just a placement issue, you should be fine. However you might get questioned a POE regarding the same.

Also, I guess the new passport is having the correct name, VO might ask why did you not corrected your old passport before applying for visa?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for quick response!

Yes the spelling matches and its only the placement issue.

While renewing my passport recently the form is asking to enter FirstName + MiddleName for the Given Name. I think 10 years ago this was not the case; either MiddleName was separate or was clubbed with Surname.

Thanks again!

Comment

Quite possible, but it won't be any issue - just keep all passport always handy.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X