B1 VISA 221(g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 VISA 221(g

January 2, 2020 was my Bio-metric appointment and then 3rd Jan 2020 was appointment with VO at Chennai. Everything went well and i was told VISA approved(B1/B2) . I was really happy , all went fine . This is company sponsored as i am going for business conference to meet my manager and team . I checked status on 6th Jan and found status as "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days."

then on 8th Jan received an email Your case has been refused under Section 221(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). In order to continue processing your visa application, we require you to complete the attached questionnaire. After looking at email i was shocked and numb . I provided all the details what was requested( 15 years of stay and travel stays etc etc) in the attachment on the same day.

Today being 16th Jan 2020 i still see same status on CEAC site while as CGI federal site shows Document Delivery Information:
    I have traveled NL, Germany and Kuwait on Work visas and never had to go through this kind of frustration.

I am really worried and completely frustrated. Everyday i check status multiple times and yet no update. Any advise would be appreciated.

USA is pretty strict in terms of verifying profile before giving visa - On the other side NL, Germany & Kuwait are relax for that - hence you won't have issues getting visa from other countries.

This is normal scenario now-a-days - stay calm & keep checking status.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

@ Libra, I understand, Thanks for the update, feel relieved . I am for background check and security should be paramount important . I fully respect it.

Comment

Best of luck & hopefully you'll get your visa soon.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Still no status upgrade. Quite depressing. Last updated on 6th Jan 2020 .

Comment

Its just 18 days passed, stay positive & keep patience.

Comment

Yep you are right.. I will stay positive. Thank you.

Comment

At last i see happy days . Latest Status

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Comment

Originally posted by princeaijaz View Post
                  At last i see happy days . Latest Status

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.
                  Congratulations !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X