Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected B1 2nd Time - Need Help

Hi friends,

I got my B1 visa rejection at Nov-2009 (Mumbai) and May-2010 (Chennai). I have 7 years of IT industry experience.

I am Patel, Single and my brother is in USA with citizen status. Can this be a reason for consecutive rejections?

Following is conversation during my May - 2010 at Chennai.

VO - Good Morning
    Me - Good Morning

I passed my file prepared by prescreening person at consulate to VO.

VO - Why you want to go to US?
    Me - Explained it to him

VO - Will you work there?
    Me - No. and explained activities during my visit

VO - How much you have worked with your current company?
    Me- Last 7 months

VO - Where you were working previously?
    Me - XYZ company at ABC location

VO - Have you been to USA before?
    Me - No

Then he thought a little bit, typed something and said I can not issue visa at this point because you are ineligible for this visa.

Throughout this conversation I was very much confident and looking straight in eyes of VO while answering with a gentle smile on my face.

I gathered some courage and asked VO after rejection, what is main reason behind my 2nd time rejection. He said your overall situation is making u ineligible for visa and you failed to convince me that you will come back to India.

I asked him how can I improve upon it? He said you may reapply when your situation changes but can not guarantee that you will get visa in future and then I came back.

Can any of you guide me what should I do now? My company is planning to utilize my 2008 approved H1b petition and send me for H1B visa but will my 2 B1 rejection affect H1B too?

Should I apply at Mumbai or Chennai consulate for H1B? Does being bachelor, Patel surname and bro in USA with citizen status affect these all?

Thanks for help!!

Being Patel is not the reason for the rejection. Other factors you mentioned could be the contributing factors.

I think the biggest negative factor is the length of employment with your current employment.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply.

My employer says that he has successfully got B1 visa in 1 month and 3 month employment too. So he is saying being Patel, bachelor and bro in US are very strong factor for rejection.

What do you suggest me for my H1B stamping? Can these factors affect there too?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X