Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 or B2?

Here is my situation:

I had a job till Dec 2009 after which I started working for myself. My income from the business started from Aug 2009 and I have filed IT returns for the business. The income for this business has been going to my wife's account and I have also registered a proprietary firm under her name in March 2010.

I need to attend an event in US which is related to my business. I have consulted a few travel agents and all of them give me different suggestions.

Here are my questions:

1. Should I apply for a B1, B2 or B1/B2?
    2. I have been transferring around 30-50K from my wife's account to my account since Jan 2010 but there is no income apart from that. Will that be a problem? A couple of agents said that me income less for 6 months is a BIG problem. Is it true?

This is what the travel agents asked me to do:

1. Add my name to my wife's bank account and show that income along with previous income that has come through my job salary.
    2. Most of them said apply for a business visa but friends say apply for a tourist visa.

I am all confused and not sure what to do. Please help.

Thanx

1. Anything. But you'll usually get both B1/B2.
    2. No problem.

if you don't have enough funds for travel and other arrangements, your wife can sponsor you.

Comment

Thanx for the response

Will adding my name to my wife's bank account as a secondary account holder help? This I guess will show that I have an income flow since I left my job (Trying to play a bit safe here ). I am planning not to mention about the firm that I have started on my wife's name as we are still operating with her savings account. I am planning to submit these documents:

1. Bank statement of our joint account (Wife's savings account now but I'll get my name added to it).
      2. My personal account bank statements.
      3. Form 16 for my last jobs (3 years).
      4. Papers of the flat owned by my Dad.
      5. Proof that we have paid tax for our business income.

Some say do an evaluation of the property owned by your dad along with jewelry etc. and get it from a CA. Is this necessary? Or just showing the house papers with my Dad as the owner sufficient?

I want to play 100% safe but don't want to overdo things. Please help.

Comment

Adding your name to her account will be good, in which case you don't need to carry your personal bank a/c statements.

Property proof is to show strong ties to home country.
        Evaluation by CA will add more value.

Comment

There is a slight confusion here. I have selected B1 visa while scheduling an interview. I have following queries:

1. The invitation letter from US does not have my company name. Is that OK? I think its good because I am not too eager to show my company as officially I am not involved in it. Its a proprietorship firm under my wife's name.

2. The document requirement check list on this website says that for B1 I need a letter on company letter head which has information on my visit etc. Will this be a problem since I am not showing my company here?

3. Should I get a letter from my wife on the company letter head saying that I am appointed as company CTO? But again in that case I will have to show salary income and tax paid on it which is not possible?

4. Should I simply say that this firm is operated by me and due to some reasons my wife is the proprietor for it?

Please help. Thanx in advance.

Comment

Please reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X