Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on monthly income

Hello.
    I applied for a USA B1 visa. I am a student studying in another country. I receive a monthly stipend at school. I also get paid back home because I am on a study leave.
    While filling DS 160 form, in monthly income field, I only mentioned the stipend I get at the university because it was just related to my current employment at school as PhD student. I would like to ask if I was supposed to also fill the combined amount (Stipend + salary back home). Will this affect my Interview? I have an interview in two days. What can I do? Please advise.

DS 160 form doesn't provide a proper way to fill information about the study leave.

Thank you

It is always essential to fill out visa application forms completely and accurately, including information on all sources of income. In your situation, you ought to have specified both the university stipend and the money you receive at home. This is due to the fact that despite being on study leave, you are still getting paid by your home nation. However, if you have already submitted your DS-160 form and are unable to make changes to it, you should bring any pertinent documentation, such as evidence of your home country's salary, with you to your visa interview. If asked about your income during the interview, you should explain the circumstance and present any relevant supporting paperwork. io games
    Last edited by tonyadams; 07-20-2023, 10:32 PM.

Comment

If you apply for a B-1/B-2 Visa, you must demonstrate to a consular officer that you are eligible for a U.S. Visa under the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Act (INA). Section 214(b) of the INA treats all B-1/B-2 visa applicants as an immigrant
      Vampire Survivors
      Last edited by mayomayo; 09-11-2023, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyadams View Post
        It is always essential to fill out visa application forms completely and accurately, including information on all sources of income. In your situation, you ought to have specified both the university stipend and the money you receive at home. This is due to the fact that despite being on study leave, you are still getting paid by your home nation. However, if you have already submitted your DS-160 form and are unable to make changes to it, you should bring any pertinent documentation, such as evidence of your home country's salary, with you to your visa interview. If asked about your income during the interview, you should explain the circumstance and present any relevant supporting paperwork​
        Thanks, this was helpful.

Comment

It is always essential to fill out visa application forms completely and accurately, including information on all sources of income. In your situation, you ought to have specified both the university stipend and the money you receive at home. This is due to the fact that despite being on study leave, you are still getting paid by your home nation. However, if you have already submitted your DS-160 form and are unable to make changes to it, you should bring any pertinent documentation, such as evidence of your home country's salary, with you to your visa interview. If asked about your income during the interview, you should explain the circumstance and present any relevant supporting paperwork.
          I appreciate your response, and I agree that it is crucial to provide precise and complete information on all sources of income on the visa application forms. In your situation, you must list both your home income and your university allowance. You are still paid by your host country even though you are on study leave, which is the cause.

Comment

It is always essential to fill out visa application forms completely and accurately, including information on all sources of income. In your situation, you ought to have specified both the university stipend and the money you receive at home. This is due to the fact that despite being on study leave, you are still getting paid by your home nation. However, if you have already submitted your DS-160 form and are unable to make changes to it, you should bring any pertinent documentation, such as evidence of your home country's salary, with you to your visa interview. If asked about your income during the interview, you should explain the circumstance and present any relevant supporting paperwork.
            I appreciate your response.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkMorris View Post
              Hello.
              I applied for a USA B1 visa. I am a student studying in another country. I receive a monthly stipend at school. I also get paid back home because I am on a study leave.
              While filling DS 160 form, in monthly income field, I only mentioned the stipend I get at the university because it was just related to my current employment at school as PhD student. I would like to ask if I was supposed to also fill the combined amount ​ (Stipend + salary back home). Will this affect my Interview? I have an interview in two days. What can I do? Please advise.

DS 160 form doesn't provide a proper way to fill information about the study leave.

Thank you
              According to the information I found, you should enter your gross income (before tax deductions) in the monthly income field. This means you should include both your stipend and your salary back home. If you do not receive a fixed salary, you should enter an estimate of your average earnings for a month. If you have already submitted your DS-160 form with only your stipend, you may need to correct it before your interview. You can find instructions on how to retrieve and edit your DS-160 form here. I hope this helps and I wish you good luck with your visa application.

Comment

It is generally recommended to include all sources of income when applying for a visa, as this provides a more complete picture of your financial situation. In your case, since you receive a stipend at school and a salary back home, it would be advisable to include both amounts in the monthly income field on the DS-160 form. This will demonstrate your ability to support yourself during your stay in the United States.

Not disclosing all sources of income could raise concerns about your financial stability and could potentially lead to delays or denial of your visa application. It is important to be transparent and provide all relevant information to the visa officer.

If you are unable to modify your DS-160 form before your interview, you should bring a copy of your payslip or other documentation of your salary back home to your interview. Be prepared to explain your financial situation to the
                koows visa koows officer and address your questions they may have.
                Last edited by OlivianKocja; 03-11-2024, 05:41 AM.

Comment

DS-160 revised 2023 is full of content that interests you. Just download and fill in the necessary information

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X