Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business (B1) Visa- is it valid for ten years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business (B1) Visa- is it valid for ten years?

Hello everyone,

I am from Hong Kong so I need a visa to enter the USA.

I recently have an invitation to attend a congress in the USA so I should go for the Business (B1) Visa.

My question is how long will this visa be valid for? The reason I haven't been to the USA yet is because I have been waiting for this kind of opportunities to come along so I could apply for a US visa in a professional capacity. I am a self-employed single woman so I know the chances of successfully applying for a tourist visa are low VidMate Mobdro.

Will this B1 visa be valid just for the duration of my business visit?

I read on wiki that usually 10-year visa permits are given to residents of Hong Kong.

Please kindly advise. Thank you!
    Last edited by mikoto06; 08-03-2022, 05:52 AM.

Originally posted by mikoto06 View Post
    My question is how long will this visa be valid for? The reason I haven't been to the USA yet is because I have been waiting for this kind of opportunities to come along so I could apply for a US visa in a professional capacity. I am a self-employed single woman so I know the chances of successfully applying for a tourist visa are low.

Will this B1 visa be valid just for the duration of my business visit?

I read on wiki that usually 10-year visa permits are given to residents of Hong Kong.
    Visa validity is decided by the VO at the time of your visa interview. Generally a 10 years visa is given, but I have seen cases where the B1 visa is given for lesser period. Single or Multiple entry is also decided at the time of visa interview. A single entry visa will end as soon as you enter into USA using that visa. A multiple entry visa can be used multiple time to enter into USA until the visa expiry date.

Once you are inside USA, your I94 is what matters for your that visit.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

The B1/B2 visa can be single–entry and multiple-entry, but its maximum validity period is 3 years. At the same time, the guest will not be allowed to stay in America continuously throughout the entire period: you need to periodically return to your homeland. I recently got a degree in https://www.istitutomarangonimiami.c...shion-business and I was going to go to the US to sign several contracts. I thought my visa was still valid, but it turned out otherwise. I had to open a new business visa.
      Last edited by oZeus121; 09-05-2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

looking for same question,

Comment

Thank you for sharing your question. I also plan to apply for a Visa to the US but there are many procedures that I don't know. Thanks to your information, I can list the things to pay attention to when checking in

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X