Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US B1 Visa validity for transit through EU

Hi All,

I have upcoming travel to the US for 2 weeks starting July. My US B1 is valid till the end of August 23. I was in the process to renew it, but it seems I will not a get new visa before my travel dates, hence will come back to renew it. I have traveled to US for work many times. My passport has a validity of more than 5 yrs.
    Now my query is, with regards to the airline I choose.

I have heard that if I am transiting through Europe like taking Lufthansa or British Airways, where there will be transit through European city , they will object to someone traveling to US for less than 6 months of visa validity. This is not the case for the Emirates. Is this true?

Thank you for reaching out with your query regarding your upcoming travel to the US. I understand that your US B1 visa is valid until the end of August 23, and although you were in the process of renewing it, you won't receive the new visa before your travel dates. You plan to return to renew it later. Given your previous travel history to the US for work and the long validity of your passport, you have a question regarding the choice of airline.

Regarding transit through European cities like Lufthansa or British Airways, you have heard that they may object to individuals traveling to the US with less than 6 months of visa validity, whereas this is not the case for Emirates. You would like to know if this information is true.

While I don't have access to real-time airline policies, it is generally advisable to check with the specific airline you plan to travel with regarding their transit requirements and policies. Each airline may have different regulations and guidelines when it comes to passengers with limited visa validity. I recommend contacting the airline directly or visiting their official website for accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific situation.

Safe travels and best wishes with your visa renewal.

Comment

Thank you for sharing the details of your upcoming travel to the US and your query regarding airline transit through Europe. I understand that your US B1 visa is valid until the end of August 23 and that you were in the process of renewing it but will not receive the new visa before your travel dates. You plan to return to renew it after your trip.

Regarding your concern about transit through European cities, particularly with airlines like Lufthansa or British Airways, there have been reports suggesting that these airlines may object to individuals traveling to the US with less than 6 months of visa validity. However, this is not the case with Emirates.

While I don't have access to real-time airline policies, it is important to note that airlines have their own regulations and guidelines regarding transit and travel requirements. These can vary based on factors such as the destination, visa validity, and individual circumstances.

To obtain accurate information, I recommend contacting the specific airline you plan to travel with, such as Lufthansa, British Airways, or Emirates. Their customer service representatives will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date and detailed information regarding transit policies and any restrictions that may apply based on your visa validity.

Additionally, you may also consider consulting the official websites or contacting the consulates or embassies of the countries involved in your travel itinerary. They can provide insights into any specific transit requirements or limitations that may be in place.

I hope this information helps you navigate your travel plans successfully. Should you have koowspin or echatrandom any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Safe travels and best wishes for your visa renewal.
      Last edited by KanitkarRana; 10-03-2023, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Visas are getting more and more strict, it's a concern with visa durations under 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by KanitkarRana View Post
          Thank you for sharing the details of your upcoming travel to the US and your query regarding airline transit through Europe. I understand that your US B1 visa is valid until the end of August 23 and that you were in the process of renewing it but will not receive the new visa before your travel dates. You plan to return to renew it after your trip.

Regarding your concern about transit through European cities, particularly with airlines like Lufthansa or British Airways, there have been reports suggesting that these airlines may object to individuals traveling to the US with less than 6 months of visa validity. However, this is not the case with Emirates.

While I don't have access to real-time airline policies, it is important to note that airlines have their own regulations and guidelines regarding transit and travel requirements. These can vary based on factors such as the destination, visa validity, and individual circumstances.

To obtain accurate information, I recommend contacting the specific airline you plan to travel with, such as Lufthansa, British Airways, or Emirates. Their customer service representatives will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date and detailed information regarding transit policies and any restrictions that may apply based on your visa validity.

Additionally, you may also consider consulting the official websites of paver sealing las vegas or contacting the consulates or embassies of the countries involved in your travel itinerary. They can provide insights into any specific transit requirements or limitations that may be in place.

I hope this information helps you navigate your travel plans successfully. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Safe travels and best wishes for your visa renewal.
          In general, airlines are responsible for ensuring that passengers meet the entry requirements for their destination country, including having a valid visa for the intended duration of stay. If your US B1 visa is valid until the end of August 23 and your travel dates are in July, you should have sufficient validity to travel to the US for two weeks. However, certain airlines may have their policies and requirements regarding visa validity for transiting passengers. Some airlines might require a longer visa validity for passengers transiting through their airports, especially if there are potential delays or layovers involved. These policies can vary depending on the airline, the specific transit countries, and your nationality. To avoid any potential issues or disruptions during your travel, it's best to contact the airlines you plan to use and inquire about their specific policies regarding visa validity for transit passengers. They will be able to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information based on your travel itinerary and visa status. Additionally, you can also check the official website of the transit airports for any specific transit visa requirements or restrictions. Furthermore, before making any travel arrangements, ensure that you have all the necessary travel documents, including a valid passport and any additional documentation required for your specific travel itinerary and visa status.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardGravener View Post
            In general, airlines are responsible for ensuring that passengers meet the entry requirements for their destination country, including having a valid visa for the intended duration of stay. If your US B1 visa is valid until the end of August 23 and your travel dates are in July, you should have sufficient validity to travel to the US for two weeks. However, certain airlines may have their policies and requirements regarding visa validity for transiting passengers. Some airlines might require a longer visa validity for passengers transiting through their airports, especially if there are potential delays or layovers involved. These policies can vary depending on the airline, the specific transit countries, and your nationality. To avoid any potential issues or disruptions during your travel, it's best to contact the airlines you plan to use and inquire about their specific policies regarding visa validity for transit passengers. They will be able to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information based on your travel itinerary and visa status. Additionally, you can also check the official website of the transit airports for any specific transit visa requirements or restrictions. Furthermore, before making any travel arrangements, ensure that you have all the necessary travel documents, including a valid passport and any additional documentation required for your specific travel itinerary and visa status.\
            Thanks, this was helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X