b1/b2 visa rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b1/b2 visa rejection

My brother is preparing for USMLE. He has already appeared for and cleared step one, and is now preparing for step 2, which he will take on 4 Apr. he has also registered the dates for step 2 CS on 15 May. He intends to do a 1-2 month externship in USA, and had appeared for the Visa interview in the US Embassy in New Delhi, India a couple of weeks back. his visa was rejected on grounds of 214/b - possible immigration case - in spite of his assuring the interviewer that his entire family, including parents are in India, and that since he already has a lot of property here in India, he has no intention of settling in USA for long term. Following is the script of interview, as best remembered by him. Please suggest that in view of these steps, what should be his next steps.

Q. What is your purpose of going to US?
    A. I am a medical graduate and currently preparing for USMLE exams (I wanted to tell that I have already finished with my Step 1 exam and have my Step 2 CS scheduled for 10th May for which I have to go to US, but was interrupted before this)

Q. Wait there. In my experience I have seen that most of the people preparing for USMLE never tend to come back and rather settle there. So you tell me your true intentions now or I am refusing your Visa immediately.
    A. Sir I want to go to US for my post-graduation and have no intentions for staying there after my completion as I have sufficient funds and properties in India to start and establish my own private practice. I am my parents’ only son and I have to take care of them as well as the properties that we have in Chandigarh. Moreover, with the introduction of Medical Insurance and upcoming hospitals like Apollo and Alchemist, there are enough career opportunities in India to lead a comfortable life (Same question and answer repeated again)

Q. Where do you plan to visit in US?
    A. Atlanta

Q. Why?
    A. As this would be my first visit to US, I consulted my seniors for this and most of them have given me a good feedback about the test centre and results there. They are my best guide and I am taking their word for it

Q. Why do you think your seniors prefer to go there?
    A. Maybe because of a good shuttle system connecting airport to the centre and lots of hotels and lodges close to it

Q. Has it got anything to do with getting better results as compared to other centres?
    A. No sir.
    Q. Have you got any relatives in US?
    A. Yes, my cousin who lives in Delran, New Jersey.

Q. How much time are you planning to stay there?
    A. Around 3 months

Q. Why?
    A. I plan to go there immediately after finishing my exam in India and spend around 2 weeks before my CS exam so that I get used to the place and environment. And as this would be my first visit to US and I would be free till September before my application process starts for residency program, I want to explore US with my cousin for a couple of weeks at least.
    Q. Have you got your cousin’s passport?
    A. Sir I have his sponsorship letter (Refuses to see any other document and repeats the question again) No sir.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X