221(g) Blue Form for Missing BEP Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) Blue Form for Missing BEP Folder

I had my B1 Visa Interview with the US consulate in Chennai 2 days back.

After the regular questions, the VO asked me if I have my company's "BEP Folder". I did not know what it was and told him that I have a Covering Letter & an Invitation Letter from the Company and asked if he was referring to them? He then told me that the BEP is different and I need to submit it for the processing. Saying this he handed over my passport and a 221(g) Blue Form, marking a document which read like this. It was mentioned that I need to submit this via VFS courier.

- Organization's BEP Folder/Covering Sheet

I contacted my company and was informed that we are a Non-BEP member and hence a covering letter would suffice. I don't know why the VO insisted on it. The same day I visited VFS, submitted my Passport along with the Covering Letter, Invitation Letter and the Company Registration Document. The person at the VFS read thro the doc and said it should be fine.

I did a little research about the visa and interviews before I appeared, but never came across this term BEP. Now I find it in the below link. I didn't use the BEp login, but used the normal one. Still I don't know why I was asked for it.

Kindly let me know of my chances of getting this visa. I read that a 221(g) case generally takes 5-6 weeks, is this also for a B1 visa. I have a trip planned in exactly a week, are there chances of getting the Visa by then?
    Please comment.

Thanks in Advance!

PS - My company is a very well established & known MNC with around 3000+ employees in India. And all docs are 100% Original!
    Last edited by pmuthiah; 02-26-2011, 05:35 AM.

Any Thoughts ??

Comment

Got my Visa Stamped!

24th Feb Morning

Attended Visa Interview at Chennai. Was given a 221G Blue asking for BEP folder. Passport was also returned.

24th Feb Afternoon

Submitted the 221G, Passport, Covering Letter, Invitation Letter and a letter Indicating that my organization was a not a BEP member at the VFS office in Chennai.

1st March

Received my Passport and submitted documents (Including the 221G) via Courier from VFS. This time the 221G had the below hand written,

"Please explain why the duration of your travel in 6 months now. This is different from your original Application."

A mismatch between the Invitation Letter and my DS160 form prompted this question. Unfortunately this wasn't asked during the Interview, would have been easier and simpler to explain in person.

2nd March

Re-submitted the 221G, Passport, and a Letter explaining the reason for the travel duration, at the VFS office in Bangalore (My Location). Got this written by my Project Manager.

8th March

Received my Passport via Courier from VFS. Visa stamped. Multiple Entry, 10 years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X