Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on B1 Visa !!

Hi All,

I have 22 months of experience in IT . Currently i dont have B1 visa .Whether it will be ok if i apply and go on B1 visa or have to wait for some more months for interview bcz my perception is that experienced people will get B1 visa easily .

Please advice .

Thanks,
    Gautham

What is the purpose of your travel?

According to USCIS website the basic Eligibility Criteria is :

You must demonstrate the following in order to be eligible to obtain a B-1 visa:

The purpose of your trip is to enter the United States for business of a legitimate nature
    You plan to remain for a specific limited period of time
    You have the funds to cover the expenses of the trip and your stay in the United States
    You have a residence outside the United States in which you have no intention of abandoning, as well as other binding ties which will ensure your return abroad at the end of the visit You are otherwise admissible to the United States

Experience is not the only criteria for B1 visa. First see if you qualify and have reasons for a B1 and then only apply for it. This is my opinion do consult experts too.

Comment

Hi raghvi,

Thanks for immediate reply. It was very helpful . Ya , I am eligible in all terms which you mentioned above . I thought apart from eligibility you mentioned above , experience also plays a major role .

Thanks,
      Gautham

Comment

They will ask you detailed questions about the assignment in US. If they are convinced
        that your going to US is really important , then they will grant you the visa
        even if you have 22 mos experience.

It is for you to see why you are going.
        Is it really important or is it just for the sake of getting
        a B1?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X