B1 rejected - Tips for applying next time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 rejected - Tips for applying next time

I am a Project manager in an MNC, I attended interview for B1/B2 visa on 21th June 2012,
    Q&A at consulate
    Good morning with a smile
    VO: no reply
    VO: To which place you will travel sir?
    YYYY
    VO : What is duration of the stay?
    2 months
    VO : What you will be doing there
    Attend Business meetings and meet few subject matter experts for discussion about our new product
    VO: Can I see the Meeting Schedule?
    I handed over the client invite letter as I dint have the meeting schedule readily available.
    VO: Sorry Sir, we won’t be able to issue visa this time. The reason is given in this paper
    Handed over the 214b letter
    I understand that the main reason was 2 months stay after going through this form, I should have done that before I am working in same company for more than 6 yrs :O so that is strong
    If I reapply for 2 weeks again, immediately, What are the chances?
    If I have to reapply after 3 4 months can I mention same client name and destination in the interview.
    **** ***Really in need of suggestions – please help **** **** *
    Last edited by Sathya84; 07-06-2012, 08:20 AM.

Originally posted by Kloodin
    changing the proposed visit time to 2 weeks after saying 2 months, then trying to claim you 'forgot' will produce a second denial at just under the speed of light....this 'tactic' is so transparent the VO will have a hard time keeping a straight face....you will fool no one...the VOs know that people are routinely admitted for 6 months, that you had 'plans' to stay at least 2, no one needs two months for meetings, given the fact that conference calls can accomplish the same task far cheaper and far more quickly...and it appears that you are really going to work...how many other people from your 'company' have taken similar trips? My guess is zero. But go ahead...see if you can fool the next VO...
    I want to know if i can reapply again, If Yes, what the best time to reapply.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloodin
      You can reapply anytime you want, but the very first question will likely be:.."What has changed in YOUR situation since the last refusal?" Telling the VO that you 'forgot' that the proposed visit was supposed to be only two weeks instead of 2 months is laughable...no one makes mistakes like that....you were all prepared with memorized answers and an alleged plan for a 2 month stay...now, you try again and tell the VO you could not distinguish the difference between 2 weeks and 2 months? Or that some new coincidental training is in the offing? No one will believe it. It seems obvious to me that you are trying to go to work in the US, under the guise of 'meetings' and interacting with subject matter experts (another memorized phrase)...the VOs know most, if not all, of the creative words and phrases people are using in order to disguise the true purpose of their request - i.e., to work in the US....no meetings last 2 months, and with today's video conferencing technology, no one 'has to' go to the US to sit around a table and discuss business....but it's your money. Just don't be surprised when you are denied again, no matter what silly papers you bring.
      Thanks for your reply friend,
      I am not going to reapply now, i have asked my team member to go this time. But in future, I have to travel to US on regular basis as my clients (GE, TRW, Netapp.. etc) are based in US, definitely not for work. Let me know if there are any suggestions based on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X