N400 rejected with wrong fee reason - $725 on 12/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 rejected with wrong fee reason - $725 on 12/23

I have sent N400 via Fedex on 12/22 night and it reached on USCIS Texas on 12/23.
    Since I new they will get it on 12/23 ( the date of fee increase ) I have put a check of 725 $ ( 640 + 85 )
    The rejection notice i-797C has received date as 12/23.
    The notice says wrong payment and resubmits with correct payment.
    Also, they have put a printed line at the bottom of every page in my returned application with some ELIS number

I am at a loss, I have sent correct amount 'cause I knew they will get on 12/23 ( after fee increase ).
    Anyone know if we need to send two separate checks 640 ( N 400 ) and 85 ( biometric ) or one single check of 725 like I did.
    Also, do we resubmit the old application, or do I need to print and resign the whole application and sent it to them.

Hi i did it same way, but i signed as 12/24/16 $725 check, sothey cashed my check, f

Originally posted by ohtrap123 View Post
    I have sent N400 via Fedex on 12/22 night and it reached on USCIS Texas on 12/23.
    Since I new they will get it on 12/23 ( the date of fee increase ) I have put a check of 725 $ ( 640 + 85 )
    The rejection notice i-797C has received date as 12/23.
    The notice says wrong payment and resubmits with correct payment.
    Also, they have put a printed line at the bottom of every page in my returned application with some ELIS number

I am at a loss, I have sent correct amount 'cause I knew they will get on 12/23 ( after fee increase ).
    Anyone know if we need to send two separate checks 640 ( N 400 ) and 85 ( biometric ) or one single check of 725 like I did.
    Also, do we resubmit the old application, or do I need to print and resign the whole application and sent it to them.
    Hi i did it same way, but i signed as 12/24/16 $725 check, sothey cashed my check, no notice so far

Comment

Originally posted by Vato Grdzelishvili View Post
      Hi i did it same way, but i signed as 12/24/16 $725 check, sothey cashed my check, no notice so far
      that's good news ..
      I am just resent the application as a new application with new signature with today's date and 725 check ..

Comment

Hi

So what's the news about your application? I recieved my application today that's been rejected because of the wrong fee i pit $640 instead of $725. And yah do we need to send a new set of application coz they have put a printed line at the bottom of every page in my returned application with some ELIS number? I'm so loss and stressed earlier. 😢

Comment

Originally posted by Krissia Aissirk View Post
          So what's the news about your application? I recieved my application today that's been rejected because of the wrong fee i pit $640 instead of $725. And yah do we need to send a new set of application coz they have put a printed line at the bottom of every page in my returned application with some ELIS number? I'm so loss and stressed earlier. 😢
          Hi, i had fingerprints on 01/26, now my case status updated on 02/22 says on line for interview

Comment

Originally posted by Vato Grdzelishvili View Post
            Hi, i had fingerprints on 01/26, now my case status updated on 02/22 says on line for interview
            My case is different. I was in a rush finishing N400 form in a day and mailed the next day 10 days ago without reading supporting document guide so I only put $725 check, N400 form and one document I think it is needed in the envelope. For a week, I have not heard anything so I went back to INS site and found supporting document instruction (they should have this on the last pages of N400 form making applicants easier to follow). I am totally shocked and I am idiot and wondering what should I do. File another application, call field office or just send another package with supporting documents (photos, green card copy, marriage/divorce certification....), totally screwed feeling. Somehow by checking my online bank account I found out the $725 check was just processed yesterday. Surprise! Is it good news or bad news? Should I still send supporting documents or send another application or just wait for the receipt from INS? Advice please!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X