Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completed fingerprints 3 months ago....still no interview. Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed fingerprints 3 months ago....still no interview. Should I be worried?

Hi,

I have completed my fingerprints in November 3rd and still haven't received an interview notice.
    Should I be worried about this ?

When I check my status online, it says:

Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled
    On October 17, 2016, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice for Receipt Number NBC*(deleted receipt #) Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by November 16, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by Ricky Park; 02-12-2017, 02:39 PM.

In general, no.

They're really backlogged right now, it being a presidential election year causes an increase number of applications due to non-citizens wanting the right to vote (either in 2016 or during the next election). Mine took 2.5 months after fingerprints to get an interview scheduled, and I am in one of the quieter field offices. Many on here have waited a lot longer, particularly people in areas with a lot of immigrants. After six months I'd likely call or infopass it.

Only thing that's a little odd is that your status should have changed to "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" after you did fingerprints. But there have been a handful of people whose status got stuck and jumped straight from fingerprints to "Interview Has Been Scheduled."

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply.

That's one of the reasons I was starting to get worried... seems weird the status still shows "fingerprints appnt scheduled" even though I already completed it over 3 months ago... Another thing, one of my coworkers actually completed his fingerprints about the same time as me, and he had his interview last week (we live in the same area, so I'm assuming it's the same office handling our paperwork)

One more question, is the NBC# that appears on the form i-797C that I got my stamp on for fingerprints the same as the # on the N-400 receipt form ? I can't find the original receipt I got from when I originally filed the N-400.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Park View Post
        One more question, is the NBC# that appears on the form i-797C that I got my stamp on for fingerprints the same as the # on the N-400 receipt form ? I can't find the original receipt I got from when I originally filed the N-400.
        It is for mine, yes.

If you're worried it wouldn't hurt to call them. They might just tell you to infopass your local office, but none of this will hurt your application, worst case is that you waste a little time and a little gas. If this is giving you sleepless nights it might be good value to get an answer or to get your status moved on to "waiting for interview."

Best of luck.

Comment

I did my fingerprints in August and it said the same comment about fingerprints scheduled. I didn't get my interview until march. This was in Phoenix. Every state and person is different but it takes a long time so don't worry

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X