Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this issue effect my N-400?

My legal name in my passport is :AAA BBB CCC DDD

When I came to USA the first thing I got the social security only which it has my first name and last name only(AAA DDD) I was advised to use first and last name only since they can't put the whole name in social security card,When I went to DMV to get driver license they asked about social security and they issued my driver license based on the social security which has first name and last name only(AAA DDD) as well

I got the green card after 1 year which has the same name in my passport (AAA BBB CCC DDD)
    After two years, I moved to another state and went to DMV to change my address and get new driver license they asked me about the green card and they issued my driver license same name as green card and passport(AAA BBB CCC DDD) and I asked them in the previous state they relayed on my social security and used same names (first name and last name) and they said that is wrong they should relay on green card or your passport

Now
    my name in
    passport :AAA BBB CCC DDD
    green card :AAA BBB CCC DDD
    driver license :AAA BBB CCC DDD
    social security :AAA DDD(first name and last name only)

the questions are?

should I fix the social security ?
    how that will effect my application N-400? how to disclose this issue in the N-400 that I used to use first name and last name in my previous state ID ?

I greatly appreciate your help

Hope2006,
    You have nothing to fix and there is no effect on n-400 . i have reside in 7 states and depending on the states the DMV will use the full name on your Green card . Some would also use only your first and last name and make your middle names initials. Infact i also have 3 names and in one of the state they ask me if i want the full name on it or want first and last name and middle initial. so please dont worry yourself.
    During the N-400 interview they will request for your Green card not your social security so use the names on the Green Card.
    Go

Comment

Originally posted by abuya View Post
      Hope2006,
      You have nothing to fix and there is no effect on n-400 . i have reside in 7 states and depending on the states the DMV will use the full name on your Green card . Some would also use only your first and last name and make your middle names initials. Infact i also have 3 names and in one of the state they ask me if i want the full name on it or want first and last name and middle initial. so please dont worry yourself.
      During the N-400 interview they will request for your Green card not your social security so use the names on the Green Card.
      Go
      Thanks for reply . I used first name and last name to filed tax and my bank account ,credit cards Has first name and last name as well so I don?t know if I should consider this as other names and put that in other names used before in N-400 since I used different combination first name and last names ,what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Hope2006 View Post
        Thanks for reply . I used first name and last name to filed tax and my bank account ,credit cards Has first name and last name as well so I don?t know if I should consider this as other names and put that in other names used before in N-400 since I used different combination first name and last names ,what do you think?
        first and last names are the most important .ON PAGE 1/20 of n-400 Give your first and last names and put all your middle names on the MIDDLE NAME COLUMN as shown on your green card.
        Question # 2 Your name Exactly as it appear on your permanent resident ------ remember they would get a copy of your green card so do not worry yourself about this. If you are still confuse get a help from lawyer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X