Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCIS wants proof that traffic tickets were paid... Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS wants proof that traffic tickets were paid... Help!

I had my naturalization interview a few days back, it went well. Unfortunately, a week prior to the interview I received a traffic ticket by mail, just a minor traffic infraction with $163 fine. There is a lot going on in my life and I just didn't get around to paying it prior to the interview. I didn't have any traffic tickets in 11 years, only had two in 2006 and 2008. Those were paid in a timely manner. Anyway, I have disclosed the recent ticket to the officer and honestly said that I didn't get around to paying it yet. He then says that my application will be on hold until I submit the proof of payment for all my tickets. I have 30 days to submit documentation. Yesterday, I received the letter in the mail stating to submit proof of disposition for all of my "arrests, probation, and traffic citations". It is a little intimidating, I didn't have any arrests, just that measly traffic ticket for improper change of lanes. Could my application be in trouble? I will go to the clerk of court next weeks and request proof of payment. I hope they give me what's needed, especially for the 2008 and 2006 tickets, I'm afraid they might be too old. Can anyone please advice if there is anything to worry about and how to handle the case with the old tickets. Thanks a lot and God bless!

Yeah... Just pay them.

Comment

Come on man! When you have a N400 interview - you pay the tickets prior to the interview. Did they issue an RFE?

Comment

Hi,

It is a good idea to order your traffic ticket record with the DMV ONLINE. It costs $2.00, and you pay with a credit card. I have my students order this to show to the I.O. if they ask.
        As far as your recent ticket, I would get an appointment with the DMV soon or pay for it (the ticket) online with a credit card if possible. Make sure to get or print the receipt that you paid.

Can you send the receipts as proof of payment to USCIS? I would also send them the driving record.

Just like the IRS, you don't mess with U.S.C.I.S.

Good Luck.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X