Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My family member had interview and decision can not be made yet because of address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My family member had interview and decision can not be made yet because of address

She passed civic and english test but officer has problem with address proof.

She temporarily moved to NJ and she was in NJ 3 months before the application.

She provided bank statement , USPS change of address (temporary which was expired on date of interview) and health insurance coverage from provider in NJ (amerihealth)

But officer said this is not your permanent address.

So decision was - 'decision can not be made yet about your application.'

What should she now?

According to the IO, she did not PROVE residency.

There are items that she could have brought in to help prove her residency in NJ. Can you change the address on a green card that quickly? I don't know.
    The ID card or driver's license WITH a PICTURE I.D. The bank statement would not work because addresses can be changed easily. Just walk into any bank branch and tell them. Changing address on the Internet is easy, too. A copy of the lease or mortgage with her name on it may help. PAYMENT coupons for the last 3 months for the lease or rents with her name on it would have helped. Utility bills for the last 3 months would have helped.

I would call the both offices and ask what they want. She should have asked the officer what she should have brought with her to prove residency.

People need to understand that attaining U.S. citizenship is no longer easy. They are getting stricter and stricter with all of the details needed to prove this and that. You should bring in as much information and proof as possible, especially if you have done something questionable. Nothing wrong with moving, but moving within 3 months or close to it (count the days) is questionable. I get this statement sometimes from immigration officers: "Where did they think they were coming today?" The reason is that many people forget to bring the very items that are necessary to prove their case status. I tell my students that they need to bring everything that pertains to their case. Keep many of the items in a folder with dividers for good organization. Most likely, they will not need those items. If the items are needed, they have them with them and can provide the information quickly. If you don't have the information they want, this will delay your citizenship until they get that information.

Good luck!

This is not legal advice and I am not a lawyer.

Comment

[QUOTE=suziq38;600083]According to the IO, she did not PROVE residency.

There are items that she could have brought in to help prove her residency in NJ. Can you change the address on a green card that quickly? I don't know.
      The ID card or driver's license WITH a PICTURE I.D. The bank statement would not work because addresses can be changed easily. Just walk into any bank branch and tell them. Changing address on the Internet is easy, too. A copy of the lease or mortgage with her name on it may help. PAYMENT coupons for the last 3 months for the lease or rents with her name on it would have helped. Utility bills for the last 3 months would have helped.

I would call the both offices and ask what they want. She should have asked the officer what she should have brought with her to prove residency.

People need to understand that attaining U.S. citizenship is no longer easy. They are getting stricter and stricter with all of the details needed to prove this and that. You should bring in as much information and proof as possible, especially if you have done something questionable. Nothing wrong with moving, but moving within 3 months or close to it (count the days) is questionable. I get this statement sometimes from immigration officers: "Where did they think they were coming today?" The reason is that many people forget to bring the very items that are necessary to prove their case status. I tell my students that they need to bring everything that pertains to their case. Keep many of the items in a folder with dividers for good organization. Most likely, they will not need those items. If the items are needed, they have them with them and can provide the information quickly. If you don't have the information they want, this will delay your citizenship until they get that information.

Good luck!

I understand your point of about proving residency. But now water over the bridge..yes she could have made State ID but she did not care because first ..it was not mentioned on interview letter as must bring documents and second she never needed one to prove anything.

I understand bank statement or usps change of address can be **** d but but ..how can she get health insurance from state of NJ for which govt. is subsidizing her premium. So before giving health insurance coverage govt. must have checked her residency correct?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X