N-14 and a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-14 and a question.

My wife had an interview for her Citizenship. She passed the interview and all that, the interview officer told here that they still need more document and evident to support her case. Those documents and evident wasn’t ask for in the notification letter sent to her before interview.

At any rate, now she just received form N-14 in the mail asking for more documents like bank statement, bills and mortgage or lease of our place of resident.

We have the bank statements, which have both of our names, and the acct has been open for the past 4 years (opened the day after our wedding) and some extra documents.

The problem is that we do not own the house, so no mortgage. The fact is we live in the room in the basement that I rent from a co-worker for the past 6 years and 2 years before we got married and she moved in.

My landlord doesn’t want to write anything for us, may be because I paid him in cash and we never have a lease or anything like that only verbal agreement between the landlord and me.

We have to re-submit those requested document soon. So, my question is how would I explain that to the officer? Should I even try to explain to the officer why I don’t have a lease?

Or should we submit what we have and hope for the best. We don’t have anything worry about it, we are married for real. We just didn’t want to let this drag on to a hearing and all that.

Thanks,
    Nid

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X