Outside of the US for 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside of the US for 2 years

Hi I got my GC in Mar 2002. this March I will be completing 5 years. However for the last 1.5 years I have been staying in India. I have a valid REENTRY permit. Further, I have been visiting the US once at least every 6 months. My question is that I do not have a current US address and I don't work in the US.
    1) In the form N-400, Is it mandatory to enter a US address and also a US employer?
    2) Can I enter my Indian address with a care of address in the US?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I have to be in the US by the middle of Feb.

Thanks.

I dont think youre eligible for citizenship as yet. You ahve not met the physical residence requirement. A valid reentry permit safeguards your residency status,and is on eof the steps on etakes to indicate ones intention not to abandon their US resiency but it does not satisfy your physical residence requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by curiousone
      I dont think youre eligible for citizenship as yet. You ahve not met the physical residence requirement. A valid reentry permit safeguards your residency status,and is on eof the steps on etakes to indicate ones intention not to abandon their US resiency but it does not satisfy your physical residence requirement.
      I have met my physical residence requirement. I was in the US for the first 3 years before reloacting to India.

So do I need to have a US address and a job in the US before I am eligible for applying for citizenship?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X