N400 - Question regarging Traffic Violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 - Question regarging Traffic Violation

I received a traffic ticket for a minor violation in the past and paid the fine in the court...

I submitted my N-400 with an assumption that traffic violations need not be mentioned there and got my fingerprinting done. However, I am not sure I was right in that assumption.

Will there be any issues with my application and is there a remedy to "fix"
    information in my application?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Don't worry...

..I just posted my experience with info about the same thing. Basically, the officer literally walks thru the form with you and asks if any changed need to be made anywhere. He makes the changes by using a pen , circles "cited" word and asks about DUI and then writes "NO DUI"....moves on.

Once all that is done, I think the entire form is double checked with a soft copy on their PC and things proceed just fine. So relax, you do get a chance to mention about traffic violation.
    Actually, the officer was also surprised that such info (minor violations) are required to be mentioned...but then he said, you never know, they can escalate into felonies and warrants etc...that's why we ask.

Anyhow, hope this helps !

Comment

Thank you...one follow-up Q

Thanks kkboy..Your reply definitely helps...I read your experience as well. Congratulations!!!!

One question though: Did you mention that traffic incident in your N400? Meaning was your answer "No" to the question on "Have you ever been arrested / cited ....?"

I said "No" in the form and dread that it might have adverse effect on "good" moral character....

Comment

I had selected "Yes"

One question though: Did you mention that traffic incident in your N400? Meaning was your answer "No" to the question on "Have you ever been arrested / cited ....?"

I had selected Yes...he saw the YES and asked me the details about it (very brief).
        Do this:
        The officer will inform you verbally that he is going to walk through the form with you and will ask you to feel free and interrupt anywhere if anything is incorrect ( They clearly understand that there can be mistakes in the form). Just make sure you have the following info:
        Type of violation, date, what steps you took etc ( you can get that info from an N400). As long as it's not a warrant, DUI, felony..you are just fine.
        They honestly don't care about these violations but...since you are reporting truthful info by swearing in front of him, use this opportunity to correct the form. It should in no way adversely affect the outcome of the interview. The officer will be actually happy to make the change and update the form.
        The worst that can happen is he will manually select "YES" and write that info in front of you and once you are gone, he will input this on his PC (to match the form - paper + soft copy).

Trust me, it's just fine. Moral character does not get affected by traffic violations...it has to be a pretty severe offense .

I eve joked "Who does not get a ticket in his lifetime" ...he laughed.

Comment

Thank you

Thanks kkboy...I feel a lot better now....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X