Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receipt with Exception

Hello,

I just received my I-797C with an exception for missing evidence that I would be notified of later to bring to interview. Would anyone know what it could be about? As far as I know all my docs were in order.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Only you could know if notified what you forgot to send. Nobody here can read the future.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Does not seem to be a problem

Originally posted by priya1976
      Hello,

I just received my I-797C with an exception for missing evidence that I would be notified of later to bring to interview. Would anyone know what it could be about? As far as I know all my docs were in order.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Confused :-)

I received my I-797C (dated the 1st of Nov '07) with a similar exception. Since then, I have received my finger-printing appointment and nothing else. I am going for my fingerprinting on the 3rd.

I heard from a lot of people on these boards that this exception is nothing to worry about. A few people who received these exceptions said they got through the process without any additional problems. So I am hoping I will get through too.

Anyway, look below and you will probably find those messages.

Amar

Comment

No worries, the letter you received, we all received (if you're a male). It's a automated generated format. When I received it, I was very confused and worried, until I found out everyone online here received the same letter when their applications were, in fact, complete!

Some have even gone to their interviews and the immigration office didn't mention a thing and approved their N400 and later naturalized.

No worries. If you did miss something, then the USCIS will notify you in the future, but most likely it's just a standard letter to all male applicants.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X