one parent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one parent

One of my friend wants to apply citizenship only for him.
    But we are still thinking about can he get citizenship for kids if he apply only for him(one parent). Or to get children citizenship both needed citizenship.Wife wants to stay with greencard. any ideas?Advices.

Parents do not apply for citizenship for children... they apply for their permanent residency.

Please try to explain better what you are asking.

Is the child (man) a permanent resident (green card holder)?
    Is his wife also a green card holder?
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

one parent

Wife,husband ,children have their green cards from may 21st 2003.
      Husband only wants to apply citizenship.
      After he gets his citizenship,do they able to apply children for us passport?Or for children to get us passport do both parents need to apply for citizenship?
      Thankyou so much.

Comment

one parent can apply for citizenship, without the rest of the family doing so... BUT i think, EVERYONE has to apply for citizenship... they can not become citizens just because their parents ( or one parent ) applied for citizenship.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

citizenship

O.K.
          Now i am so confused .i
          f mom or dad applied for citizenship ,minors(under18)don't get us passport?
          is that don't mean they will become citizens?
          if they need any more evidence thae can apply for naturalization certificate right?
          PL. clarify me. My friend not in the good financial position to apply both of them.but they don't want to loose the chance too. if it is necessery they will take any financial help from us.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X