help n400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help n400

my sister was given a ticket for hit and run what happened was she didnt know she hit that car so she left the scene .ticket was marked on criminal which is misdemeanor class 4 in virgina.so in court judge charged her for inproper driving and with fine of 250.00 no the question is how we mention that on N400 ? thanks

When was the arrest?
    Believe it or not, being charged as misdemeanor will be a big concern, particularly as hit and run case. I think if you properly answer truthfully in the N-400 form and provide all and beyond documents that is needed from the courts and it has been 5 years since the incident she will be fine. Otherwise, if this is a recent arrest, then you should consult a experienced immigration attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by bkwld View Post
      When was the arrest?
      Believe it or not, being charged as misdemeanor will be a big concern, particularly as hit and run case. I think if you properly answer truthfully in the N-400 form and provide all and beyond documents that is needed from the courts and it has been 5 years since the incident she will be fine. Otherwise, if this is a recent arrest, then you should consult a experienced immigration attorney.
      yes but she asnt charged as misdemeanor judge said its inproper driving no misdemeanor on her record.

Comment

When was the original arrest/ticket? and when did the case closed?

To answer your original question: Should she mention this in her N-400?
        "Yes" she should mention this and provide all documents regarding this. If she was originally charged with misdemeanor, my opinion is that it doesn't matter what her end result is or what is on her record. The original arrest/ticket or charge record will most likely indicate a misdemeanor criminal. The end result could be a traffic fine, but the original charge was more severe and she should mention this in her application.
        Last edited by bkwld; 03-01-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X