Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCIS request CERT. OF NATUR/TION even though we hold valid un-expired U.S. passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS request CERT. OF NATUR/TION even though we hold valid un-expired U.S. passport

Dear all,

I have filled form N600K for my children to have their U.S. citizenship recognized. USCIS contacted me through email, and they asking for the CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION of grandparent (my father). My father lost this certificate (stolen) years ago but he still holds a valid un-expired U.S passport. The passport is a strong evidence that he is a U.S. Citizen

Why they asking also for the certificate of naturalization?

Please I need your valuable opinion.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by USC2B; 05-21-2019, 02:43 PM.

There are several cases where people were issued passports in error. I am not defending USCIS, I am just giving you one reason why they sometimes do not accept ones passport as proof of naturalization. I know this is frustrating however they hold all the cards and if they say they want a certificate of naturalization, just ask your father to file apply for a replacement. I know it costs a few hundred dollars however they call the shots.

Comment

Dear Paulthesheik

Thank you for reply, again.

We finally filed (online) form N-565, for a replacement of Certificate of naturalization.

Thanks!.

Comment

Hi USC2B can you provide an update if you have received a replacement? Also, did you send your copies to Nebraska or Texas? I too just filed online and hoping to get an idea of the time frames. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X