Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - plz help

Hi,
    My interview for citizenship was sheduled a couple of days back but I fell sick and couln't attend the interview.

This is what USCIS guide says -

"If you miss your scheduled interview without notifying USCIS, we will “administratively close” your case. If we close your case because you missed your interview, we will notify you at your last address of record. Unless you contact us to schedule a new interview within 1 year after we close your case, we will deny your application."

My question is - should I wait for them to inform me on "administratively closing" the case or should I go ahead and contact them to reschedule the interview?

Please help....
    Last edited by happyzz; 04-07-2010, 07:05 PM.

Originally posted by happyzz View Post
    Hi,
    My interview for citizenship was sheduled a couple of days back but I fell sick and couln't attend the interview.

This is what USCIS guide says -

"If you miss your scheduled interview without notifying USCIS, we will “administratively close” your case. If we close your case because you missed your interview, we will notify you at your last address of record. Unless you contact us to schedule a new interview within 1 year after we close your case, we will deny your application."

My question is - should I wait for them to inform me on "administratively closing" the case or should I go ahead and contact them to reschedule the interview?

Please help....

Hi happyzz,

I think the USCIS guide tells you what you have to do.

Anyway, I were you I would contact USCIS ASAP and explain your situation in order to schedule a new interview or what you can do.
    You should have in consideration that the process can take longer.

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X