Tax Return Transcript Requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Return Transcript Requirement

I'm applying for citizenship through a 5-year GC (Not through marriage). It looks like USCIS requires "copies of your tax returns for the past five years." However, IRS only provides tax return transcripts for the past 3 years. How have you guys fulfilled this requirement? I do have copies of my actual tax returns. Would that be sufficient? Thanks!

From https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript-faqs
    Q11. How do I request a transcript for an older tax year when it’s not available online?

Tax return and record of account transcripts are only available for the current tax year and three prior tax years when using Get Transcript Online. Note: There is a “show all +” expand button below the online tax account transcript type that may provide additional tax years you need. Otherwise, you must submit Form 4506-T to request a transcript for a tax year not available.

Tax return and tax account transcripts are also limited to the current and prior three tax years when using Get Transcript by Mail. However, you may be able to get older tax account transcripts by calling our automated phone transcript service at 800-908-9946. Otherwise, you must submit Form 4506-T.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X