Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 - Waiting for oath ceremony at Fairfax VA in January 2020

Happy new year!

Is anyone else waiting for oath ceremony at Fairfax, VA? My case was approved on December 13th and have been placed on queue for Oath ceremony but since then I haven't heard anything from USCIS Fairfax, VA office.They sent only one notice that I-751( Condition on Permanent Resident is removed) and case is approved and they won't sent new card as they have approved n400 at the same time.

My green card is expiring on start February 2020, also i need to travel from work to other countries each month but I have to cancel all travel plans because I am about to take oath but I don't know when in January or February 2020.

Just wondering if anyone else is also waiting for the oath ceremony and/or have received date for January/February 2020 oath ceremony dates?

Also what is the process to get stamp on passport incase i don't make it to oath ceremony this month? Also do they give enough notice period/time when they schedule us for oath?

Looking forward for your humble opinion on this!

Thanks

After recommended for approval I haven't received any online updates either. Still waiting, my interview date was Dec,12 2019

Comment

I haven't received notice yet to join for naturalization ceremony but here are some useful information.

After further research I found that Naturalization Ceremony are scheduled Every third Thursday of the month at 2675 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA 22031.

And according to this https://www.alexandriava.gov/uploade...Ceremonies.pdf There are some ceremonies upcoming ceremonies as
      Thursday, January 9, 2020
      Thursday, January 23, 2020
      Thursday, February 6, 2020
      Thursday, February 20, 2020
      Thursday, February 27, 2020

Comment

Thanks! it looks like too many people to be schedule for the ceremony. hopefully soon!

Comment

if anything changes, please update.

Comment

Good morning!

Has anything changed your case?. Please update.
            Thank you

Comment

There were 4 batch of oath ceremonies scheduled today on Dr.MLK’s day at Fairfax VA. I got notice around last week (Jan 8~10) to attend it today(01/20/20). Took almost an hour for entire ceremony.

Also noted that one should avoid travel out countries after case is approved as they make you fill questioner and ask have you traveled outside USA?? if you did there may be further steps. In my case I have completely avoided my travels however they were critical with booked flights and hotels as they were fully refundable.

if you didn’t hear back from USCIS after waiting and your green card is expired one should get stamped by making an appointment in person by visiting reception.

Good luck!! Thanks

Comment

I'm in the same situation. Haven't heard anything after "recommended for approval". @aziz_ali did you get any response?

Comment

Hello group,
                  My wife and I appeared for interview on Dec 17, 2019. My wife had her oath done on Jan 20, 2020 however I am still waiting. Applications for both were approved on Dec 17th itself. Also we travelled outside country for 5 days after our interview.. there was no impact for my wife’s application.
                  thanks

Comment

My online status just changed to "Approved". Oath letter will be sent soon.

Comment

Got oath ceremony scheduled letter. Wohoo!

Comment

Congratulations! When was your interview?

Comment

Hi, we Submitted N400 May 29, 2019, Biometric 06/19/2019 , my interview was 23 Dec. and my wife interview was 20 Dec.in 2675 PROSPERITY AVENUE FAIRFAX VA.
                          My wife got her schedule ceremony letter after about 24 days for 17 Feb but I still pending on final approval and case statues without change "We scheduled your interview"!
                          I will update when it change!

Comment

Any new oath ceremony scheduled letter? @aziz ali did you get any response? @Riteside22 did you get any response? please update.
                            Last edited by ronmony; 02-19-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Nothing as of now.. says 28 more days to go on my account

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X