Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Help Questions

My timeline

-March 1, 2019 Application was received (Online).
    -March 9, 2019, We scheduled your Biometric.
    -March 29, 2019, We reviewed your Biometrics.
    -Sept 9, 2019 Interview scheduled for Oct 16, 2019.
    -Showed up on Oct 16, 2019, in the field office, I was told that my interview was cancelled. I was not notified, and I was so mad.
    -Wrote the USCIS on October 17, 2019. Below is there reply:

Our systems show that your interview was cancelled on September 9th, 2019. We will notify you of any further action taken on your case. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you are rescheduled for an interview, you can view and print a copy of your appointment notice by going to your USCIS account.. After you log in to your account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official appointment notice from USCIS.

Please note that extended trips outside the United States may prevent you from naturalizing. For more information on the continuous residence required for naturalization,

-Call the 800 number on November 17, 2019, I believe, but the agent was unable to tell why my status is not up to date.
    - I tried another call on December 12, 2019. This time they transferred my inquiries to the field office. That I will receive a response from the field in 30 days.
    -Dec 28, 2019, I received a letter from the field office. They stated that my application is in the scheduling queue for an interview. They will mail me a notice with the date and time once it has been scheduled.

-Feb 7, 202, they updated my status online: "You do not need to do anything at this time

We will mail you a letter if your appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if the field office needs something from you".

Any recommendation or thought will be much appreciated.

Did you ask your senator to check the subject? Most of office finish all process in 1 year and you are nearly in 1 year and they did not make interview yet.

Comment

I have not contacted the office. That will be my next step. Thank you for this information.

Comment

I would schedule an infopass appointment and talk to an officer to get to the bottom of everything

Comment

Thank you, guys. I have been scheduled for my interview next month. One thing is thicking in my mind. I took three trips outside the US, and one last more than 6 months but less than one year. I waited for more than 5years since my last entrance which is June 2013 before applying for citizenship. Should I worry about my interview since I broke the continuity of residency? Any thought will be much appreciated.

Comment

Congratulate, I do not understand that your trip (more than 6 months) was in last 5 years or before, you do not need to explain anything about your trips before 5 years, but for trips in last 5 years , officer will ask about your trips and if it was more than 1 month better to have and show (reason of long stay) evidence to officer.

Comment

Thank you, Ronmony. I have not left the US since June 2013.

Comment

Hi All,
                Thank you for your answers. I passed my interview with same day oath ceremony. Thank you again. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

congratulate, after long time waiting for interview you done very well. all in same day is awesome when too many ceremony being canceled. which office was your case?

Comment

Baltimore office. Due to the Corona crisis, it looks like they are holding a small group now. I was lucky yesterday they have a ceremony.

Comment

Yes, you was really lucky since 17 March was the last open day to public and they had ceremony so you could attended and finished the process in last minute, congratulation again!
                      be safe and enjoy your new status!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X