Overseas travel after interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas travel after interview

Our interview is scheduled in early April and we have to travel back in late August, likely . There are 4 months in between but I read here that few folks didn't get their oath letter for months. That's worrying me. Can we travel after the interview if we don't receive oath letter in time? What if we miss oath letter while abroad and miss the ceremony? Thank you

you will inform by email for ceremony so you can come back for it but your travel must be less than 180 days and you must fill your travel in the form which they will mail you for ceremony.

Please note that extended absences outside of the United States may affect your ability to naturalize. USCIS policy requires that an applicant for naturalization must have resided continuously in the United States up to the time of naturalization. For more information on the Continuous Residence requirement : https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-d-chapter-3

Comment

thanks for your reply! we planning to go for couple of months at most so we should be good. I just hope to travel on us passport so no such hassle.

pretty sure about this but want to confirm. women aren't required to register for selective service, right?

Comment

Selective service is about young men (18-26), and be careful about covid19 in your trip!

Comment

Thanks! Travel isn’t confirmed yet. Waiting for this to be over.

Comment

Couple of concerns:
            1. Do you think this corona business will affect interview date? What's my best bet?
            2. My wife was reviewing her application and noticed a mistake. Her college name is incorrect on application. Do we need to get in touch with USCIS about this and let them know or should we just see if that even comes up in her interview? It was an honest mistake. I am just worried that with interview date this close, I won't be able to do anything in time.
            Thank you,

Comment

As you can see in posts, most of ceremony and some interview was canceled, it depends to place and situation of spreads, https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis...-2019-covid-19
              Do not worry about typo and mistake, you can correct them in interview.
              be safe and wait.

Comment

our office isn't listed so interview is still on.
                thank you for the link.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X