N400 interview done since Nov 12th but no decision yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 interview done since Nov 12th but no decision yet

I did my n400 interview on Nov 12th in Long Island ny field office . Till date no decision made on my case . Did multiple case update referrals but get the same reply that my case still within normal processing time . I have done my interview so uscis policy manual chapter 4 says that once interview done the IO has 120 days to make a decision whereas uscis just saying that it’s within normal processing time . 120 days should be applicable in my situation and not normal processing time ruling . Today it’s been 140 days since I had my interview. I am pretty ready for the writ on mandamus. Will it be of any benefit? please advise if someone else also in a similar situation .

Since all of offices are closed and there is not any ceremony due to virus, is not it better to wait more until they start ceremony? And if until that time you do not get final decision then write mandamus, even if you get positive decision now you have to wait for opening the offices to public and starting ceremony anyway. Unfortunately it is not clear when virus will stop. So my suggestion is stay safe and wait but continue inquiry time by time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X