30 months physical presence requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 months physical presence requirement

Hello, I have been a permanent resident since October 04, 2015 and based on the USCIS early filing calculator, I am eligible to apply for naturalization on July 06, 2020. I have taken a total of 4 trips abroad since I became a legal permanent resident. I did not leave the US since I arrived October 04, 2015 to April 05, 2018 which is exactly 30 months and 1 day. Also, all my subsequent trips were quite short with a total of 49 days. Please tell me if did the computations correctly (see below).

The law states that “during the five years immediately preceding the date of filing his application has been physically present therein for periods totaling at least half of that time...” I’m confused when I read immediately preceding. Does that mean that I shouldn’t have travelled outside of the States for 30 months prior to applying in July or is it just in total?

04/05/2018 - 05/03/2018 = 27 days (Philippines)
    05/21/2018 - 05/22/2018 = 0 days (drove to Canada, no stamp on passport, border patrol just asked to see my green card)
    05/20/2019 - 06/01/2019 = 11 days (Europe - port of entry Paris, port of exit Rome - went to Paris, Venice, and Rome - do I mention all of them in the application? I don’t remember the exact dates in each city/country, they don’t check in the Schengen Area)
    01/04/2020 - 01/16/2020 = 11 days (Taiwan)

Any insight is appreciated! Just want to make sure I don’t run into any unexpected problems! Thank you so much!

You are fine, as long as you don't travel near your application. Please make sure the days are right, they will reject your application if it is 1 day before what they calculate (some people wait a couple of days just to be completely sure they are within the timeframe to apply).

What you put in bold is just for people that travel more than 6 months a year. You already have more than 50 months of physical presence. They don't ask for 30 months of continuous presence.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

If you have permanent address in US when temporary going out, and if your travels are less than 180 days each years ( you need to explain about your travels in interview ) after 4 years and 9 months you are good for n400 application. But better to wait some more days to be sure there is no problem. Your last 3 month address must be your application address.(you must have 3 months permanent address in state before application) . You can travel anytime, before (near to) application, before interview and after interview but it must still be less than 180 days each years until Oath ceremony. So stay safe and wait.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X