Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more the better? & Name change!

Hello,

I am gathering my documents to send my N-400 application and I wonder if the more documents I send the better! I remember during my i-485 interview I apologized to the officer for bringing so many documents and he said that the more the better because many cases are delayed because of lack of documents. Meanwhile, I read on a couple of immigration websites that it is better not to send all the documents with the application and to keep them for the interview. But I want to avoid any RFEs or RFIs because I don't want delays to my application. Any thoughts?

My second question is if changing name during naturalization extend my timeline and lead to more delays. Shall I just wait and do it later after I am done with my citizenship?

Thanks in advance to helpers!

N400 process & interview is very different. Most of it is to go through your application, correct any errors and say "Yes / No" to key questions under oath.
    My suggestion is to FILE ONLINE. Best and Easy. System prompts you to add all necessary documents based on your case.

If yours is straightforward (no criminal records / Citations >$500 / DUI / Etc) then the only docs you need are the PR card copy

If you have traffic citations (<$500 each instance and no injury to others) then you only need to list all of them.

For recent citations (within the last 3-5 yrs), would be good to have a copy for the interview. Otherwise get your certified driving record from the BMV.

Good Luck !
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R78 View Post
      N400 process & interview is very different. Most of it is to go through your application, correct any errors and say "Yes / No" to key questions under oath.
      My suggestion is to FILE ONLINE. Best and Easy. System prompts you to add all necessary documents based on your case.

If yours is straightforward (no criminal records / Citations >$500 / DUI / Etc) then the only docs you need are the PR card copy

If you have traffic citations (<$500 each instance and no injury to others) then you only need to list all of them.

For recent citations (within the last 3-5 yrs), would be good to have a copy for the interview. Otherwise get your certified driving record from the BMV.

Good Luck !
      Thank you so much! I don't have any citations or criminal records, thank God, so I don't think I will add any of these!

Comment

What about the tax transcripts? Should they be included in the application, or just enough to take them with you to the interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X