Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De-schedule interviews for Philadelphia field office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-schedule interviews for Philadelphia field office?

Has anyone gotten a new N-400 interview date after it was cancelled or De-scheduled because of the virus?

My mother's Naturalization interview was de-scheduled in March and we just have to wait according to the USCIS website. And when we call them the automated messages say the same, to wait. I did see on Twitter that people are having their oath ceremonies done at the Philadelphia office so it is open.

My understanding is that they are trying to get the oath ceremonies out of the way.
    my mom unfortunately didn’t pass her first interview completely( she passed the civics,reading and writing but they were hard on her in N400 in Phoenix field office ) so she got a date for april which was de-scheduled.
    now she got it scheduled again for july although I am concerned that it might get pushed back again due to covid surge in AZ
    Hopefully After finishing partial passes since it’s shorter, they will start with first time interviews
    good luck to your mom

Comment

Oh no I'm sorry. Why didn't they give her a pass if she did fine on all 3 things? Either way, make sure you practice with her and have her practice with someone else so she can build her confidence.

Comment

They are supposed to consider her age. It’s literally in their website. They didn’t. They started asking her what oath means and what this means and whatever. She was very nervous. She knew what those words mean but she couldn’t describe them in english.
        will see how it goes the 2nd time.
        Good luck to your mom

Comment

Originally posted by NA1978 View Post
          They are supposed to consider her age. It’s literally in their website. They didn’t. They started asking her what oath means and what this means and whatever. She was very nervous. She knew what those words mean but she couldn’t describe them in english.
          will see how it goes the 2nd time.
          Good luck to your mom
          What the heck. I didn't know they could or would random questions like that. Pray that she gets someone more sensible next time. Thank you again.

Comment

Unfortunately she didn’t end up with anyone better this time as she answered all the questions and at end when she was asked to review the form on the ipad and sign, she couldn’t figure out how to get to the signature part and panicked and they denied her again. I can’t still believe it. She was basically done if the officer showed her where to sign.
            anyway tell your mom that when she gets to the ipad part, scroll all the way down and sign as I was told by a lawyer that sometimes they step in to help the applicant find it.

Comment

Unfortunately she didn’t end up with anyone better this time as she answered all the questions and at end when she was asked to review the form on the ipad and sign, she couldn’t figure out how to get to the signature part and panicked and they denied her again. I can’t still believe it. She was basically done if the officer showed her where to sign.
              anyway tell your mom that when she gets to the ipad part, scroll all the way down and sign as I was told by a lawyer that sometimes they step in to help the applicant find it.
              Sorry for replying so late. This actually made me sad to read! When is her next interview? Can someone go in with her next time? I think you can do it so there's a lawyer with her. I'm going to pray that she gets it next time. Stay positive!! She can do it!!! Practice with her and with friends and her.

Comment

So we had to send another application and this time who knows how long it takes with COVID and everything.
                yes she will go in with a lawyer. In trump’s America Immigration officers have been at times very biased towards citizens of certain countries and my mom was one of them and was not treated fairly.
                it is what it is.
                good luck to you guys

Comment

So we had to send another application and this time who knows how long it takes with COVID and everything.
                  yes she will go in with a lawyer. In trump’s America Immigration officers have been at times very biased towards citizens of certain countries and my mom was one of them and was not treated fairly.
                  it is what it is.
                  good luck to you guys
                  I'm sorry. She will get it next time. Prepare her again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X