Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help filling N400 online application

Good Evening Friends,

My I-751 got approved a few weeks ago but I haven't received the green card yet. Can I still apply for N400 via online application based on marriage to US citizen spouse. Secondly, what should I fill in the boxes if a situation(question) is not applicable? For instance, My spouse and I don't' have any kids. Should I leave the column as blank or fill N/A while filling the application online? For the question, all the trips of 24 hours or more that you have taken outside of USA during the last 5 years; do I need to put all the trips going back to 2015 or should I only put the trips after I moved to the USA in 2016 and became permanent resident in 2017.

1. I believe you need to be on green card for three years as a spouse of USC before you can apply.
    2. N/A
    3. All the trips going back 5 years
    USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
    Timeline
    7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
    8/4 <— Checks cashed
    8/5 <— I-797 SMS
    8/24 <— Biometrics completed
    10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
    10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
    10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
    10/28 <— Green card#1 received
    11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

N400 can only be filed 3 yrs (you can file 90 days early) from the date of the first (conditional) greencard.
      One must also file for ROC before the 2 yr card ends before filing for N400. The ROC must be approved before N400 can be approved (some cases its done at the citizenship interview and many other cases, it is spearate)
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X