• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany NY Processing Time

03/2020: Submitted naturalization app online
    03/202/: Case accepted notice received
    09/24/2020: Still no response
    Anyone else in here located in the Albany NY area? What does your processing time look like?

I applied N400 in early June (Albany, NY) but no progress for biometrics after that.

Comment

No one who applied after March 15th ish is going to hear anything soon. There are two other forums where people are grouped by the date they filed. No one in the March group, of which I'm a part, has yet even received a biometrics notice. But I did read that a handful of February ones who had appointments canceled due to the accursed sars-cov2 sh*t did get their new biometric appointments just this past week.. So they're still clearing the backlog but I'd say the March ones, in the faster moving offices will likely hear in Oct and Nov. Albany shouldn't be too bad, but since that's June, I'd say January for biometrics.

Comment

Thank you so much for update. Do you mind telling me the other groups so that I can follow as well?

Comment

I recommend following the group by the service center as well as by month of filing.
          With this approach I was able to find out that s/o with a 3/18 original bio app't just got theirs this past week on 9/22. Their file date is exactly a month before mine, on 2/22, noa 2/23. Mine is 3/22, noa 3/23. I am exactly 4 weeks behind. We can say that the new scheduling may be a bit slower than the rescheduling of de-scheduled ones,so say 6/7 weeks.. So based on this I would, at best, expect my bio appointment to be on 10/22 to Nov 15th ish. [I gave up on voting long ago. but based on the processing time, which averages at 6 months submission to oath at my ASC I would have just made it without the stupidity of covid].
          So typically one hears 2-3 weeks in advance for the appointment. This tells us I should hear anytime from this week till about a month from now.
          Let's see if my projection holds true.

Comment

Originally posted by stairsandstars View Post
            I recommend following the group by the service center as well as by month of filing.
            With this approach I was able to find out that s/o with a 3/18 original bio app't just got theirs this past week on 9/22. Their file date is exactly a month before mine, on 2/22, noa 2/23. Mine is 3/22, noa 3/23. I am exactly 4 weeks behind. We can say that the new scheduling may be a bit slower than the rescheduling of de-scheduled ones,so say 6/7 weeks.. So based on this I would, at best, expect my bio appointment to be on 10/22 to Nov 15th ish. [I gave up on voting long ago. but based on the processing time, which averages at 6 months submission to oath at my ASC I would have just made it without the stupidity of covid].
            So typically one hears 2-3 weeks in advance for the appointment. This tells us I should hear anytime from this week till about a month from now.
            Let's see if my projection holds true.
            Thanks for the info. Is your ASC, Albany, NY?

Comment

Originally posted by GCNY View Post

Thanks for the info. Is your ASC, Albany, NY?
              No, it's KCMO. It's one of the faster moving centers, according to official data, as well as timelines, and several friends who successfully went through the naturalization process, one actually during covid-she just got lucky that her bio had been completed before shutdown. Her interview was originally pending for April and then rescheduled immediately upon reopening. KCMO opened on June 4th, so it's been now over 3 months. Since bios are sent out 2-3 weeks in advance, i should be hearing about it right about now. S/o who had been descheduled their bio, which was originally for March 18th, got rescheduled end of August for mid Sept. So I should be 3/4 weeks behind this person in timeframe,, and nada. So frustrating.

Comment

Still no progress on my case. Anyone else?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X