Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road to citizenship

Hi,

My parents have been able to maintain their status of staying in US each year for more than 6 months for the last 3 years after getting their green card.

Due to Covid and no flights for a while, they could not travel as scheduled within 6 months to US from India, but have been able to arrive in their 11th month to US. They are 64 and 65 years of age.

Can anyone suggest an email to contact a USCIS agent such that we can confirm about their citizenship eligibility in the next two years ?

Thank you,

Don’t worry about it now. Less than 12 months absence is something they can explain during interview when they go for the citizenship test. They have a valid reason. Everyone does for this year.
    my parents also had a legitimate reason for only one trip lasting more than 6 months and they were ok when applied.
    make sure they have theif tax returns and if they had a flight they had to cancel, have the receipt for that ticket.
    more than 12 months is tough.

Comment

Narat,
      Did the Immigration officer ask your parents any questions ?
      I am planning on writing a letter explaining my Mom's case. She is a GC holder. She left US in Jan2020 and was planning on returning in Jun2020 (flight tickets booked) but due to Covid and health related issues she cannot travel. I am not sure what are the next steps. Any advice ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X