Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to answer , Have you taken a trip outside of the united states?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to answer , Have you taken a trip outside of the united states?

Hi ,

I need help to answer this question , "Have you taken a trip outside of the united states in the last 5 years?"

So I just arrived from my home country to here and never travelled anywhere since then, but also I'm filing 90 days early. so should I say Yes or no to this question?

If I select no , then how I can report those 90 days ? and If I click Yes then it is also not true because I didn't have any trips outside the united states I just arrived here. and also if i click Yes , it will ask day left and day returned which are not valid
    Last edited by simple123; 11-15-2020, 12:45 PM.

If you have not been outside the US since 11/15/2015, you say NO.

If you have been outside the US since 11/15/2020, you say YES and write the dates and locations.

If you travel outside the US AFTER you submit your application, you simply update the interviewing officer when you have your interview.

This should be a very simple yes/no question.
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

Thanks for your answer but it is not that simple , I'm filling 90 days early so yes I was outside of the U.S before I arrive 4 years + 9 months ago but I didn't take trips out of the U.S since I arrived here.

So If I said "Yes" then the next question in the application will say " When did you leave the U.S ? " & " When did you come back to the U.S ? "

Answering Yes to being outside the U.S automatically open the next two questions and those two questions are not valid.

please tell your opinion

Comment

I see, you did consular process. I understand the predicament. If you are filing online, can you add an addendum? This may be easier to explain if you write it out.

Or maybe do a paper filing instead of online so you can write in something like 'N/A' or your date of birth and then add an addendum explaining.

But that is just my opinion. Maybe someone else has a better answer!
        2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
        4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
        4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
        4/19: Request to expedite EAD
        5/11: Received EAD
        6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
        8/09: Advance Parole approved
        8/29: Scheduled for Interview
        10/11: Interview
        10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
        10/16: Sent new G28
        10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X