Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago- oath ceremony timelines

HI,

I finally had my interview completed on 11/18. My Biometrics was completed on 11/15/2019, so it almost took a year to get this done. I also received the print out of the Naturalization Interview Results with a tick on "Your Application has been recommended for Approval". The IO also informed that I will be sent a letter with details on Oath Ceremony

I wanted to check on this forum, how many days after the interview people have received letter for oath ceremony during these COVID times? I opened my USCIS account and saw this message which concerned me a bit?

You attended your interview

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application.

Estimated wait time:
    5 months

Has anyone experienced something like this in last 4-5 months especially during the COVID times?

Appreciate any guidance here.

I am not sure how long it will take in Chicago to get the ceremony notice but that status in your online account is not concerning at all. If you have the approval letter in hand then your online status will keep saying you attended your interview until finally one day says your oath ceremony letter is mailed( or something like that)
    The hardest part is over. Congrats

Comment

NA1978 - Appreciate you getting back to me. Makes me feel much better. Thank You

Comment

NA1978 - Hi, today, my status went back to showing that your interview was scheduled with estimated timeline of 5 months. Which used to some up before I attended the interview. Wondering its normal as yesterday the status showed you attended your interview.

Comment

Honestly I have heard that their online status sometimes says weird stuff. technical glitches and stuff. Just recheck next week.
          call them if you don’t see that being fixed.
          hopefully very soon it will be over

Comment

Zeezou,

Did you get your Oath Ceremony done?

My wife successfully completed Citizenship interview on December 3rd and on-line status was change on 23rd December saying " We scheduled you for an oath ceremony for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization".

On 29th December I checked online status again to see if Letter Showing Date for Oath Ceremony is uploaded? On line letter showing Oath ceremony date was uploaded, but at the same time status was updated showing " Oath Ceremony Cancelled

Weird.

Not sure what to make of this.

HRK

Comment

Zeesou, we have the same issue! Weird.. Its difficult to talk to a real person anyway.

Comment

HRK No, I am still waiting for my Oath Ceremony Letter. the online portal was weird in my case and was showing that my interview was scheduled till yesterday (01-05-2021), My status changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled yesterday". I really don't know what's happening, but, hopeful as things have changed.

Chris Tina - I was able to speak to a USCIS rep, but, prepare to block around 45 mins, as it takes a lot of time to connect to one

Comment

Hi There,
                  Anyone here who got interviewed in Nov-2020 and received Oath letter or already took the oath in Chicago area?

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                    This forum has helped me a lot in last 1.5 yrs, so, just updating the group. Finally, I am done with the whole process. My timeline was long and worrisome, but, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Just sharing my timeline.

February 11, 2021 Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued
                    January 20, 2021 We scheduled you for an oath ceremony for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
                    January 5, 2021 Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.
                    January 5, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
                    October 14, 2020 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
                    November 12, 2019 We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
                    October 26, 2019 We scheduled you for a biometrics appointment
                    October 25, 2019 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location.

Comment

Estimated wait time has disappeared for me. My Status is "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled".

On the other hand for my spouse with the Same Status as mine, Estimated wait time Is showing as Sept 2021

Comment

ShibuM The portal is wonky. My interview happened in Nov and was notified for Oath ceremony in Jan. I won't be concerned by what you are seeing on the portal. The other thing you can try is call USCIS and get the update

Comment

Thanks Zeezou. I am also expecting a 2 months wait time.

Comment

Just got "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" note. So looks like I should be done with my oath in the next few weeks max.

Comment

February 11, 2021 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
                              February 11, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
                              January 5, 2021 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
                              March 11, 2020 We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
                              February 22, 2020 We scheduled you for a biometrics appointment
                              February 20, 2020 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our E-Filed Case Processing Section location.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X