biometrics appointment bad timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biometrics appointment bad timing

I applied for naturalization in May 2020. I finally received a biometrics appointment for April 14, 1 day before my expectant due date! I am worried if the baby arrives early that I will miss the appointment. At the same time, I hate to reschedule because it has taken so long (almost 1 year) to get this appointment and I would hate to have to wait so much longer to get another one. What do I do? Is there no way to request a sooner date? Or if I go to the field office with my medical record, would they take my appointment early?

Call and explain, and ask if you can come in early. Many field offices used to accept early walk-ins but that has changed with COVID, so I would recommend calling first.

Good luck and congratulations!
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

Originally posted by ember View Post
      Call and explain, and ask if you can come in early. Many field offices used to accept early walk-ins but that has changed with COVID, so I would recommend calling first.

Good luck and congratulations!
      So I called and they don't take early walk-ins. I sent a reschedule request 1 week before the appointment. I haven't heard anything since. It's been almost a month since I sent the reschedule request. I tried calling but the main number doesn't have information on biometrics appointments and the application service center doesn't have a phone number. Is there anyway to get a status update or just to verify that they've received the reschedule request? Or is it just back to limbo for us​​​​?

Comment

axescot Well, instead of calling, just go to the ASC and try to see if they will accept. On the phone, they will obviously say "No". I know things have changed since Covid, but since vaccinations have been done for almost all people, normalcy has returned quite a bit. So you may just give it a try and do a walk-in during non-peak hour. Go around 2pm when they are mostly empty.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X