Questions about Citizenship application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Citizenship application

Hi, I used to hire a Lawyer for the processing of my papers and now I'm eligible to apply for citizenship and I've decided to apply by myself. The lawyer is charging $1,500 just to submit my papers. Ridiculous.

My questions are:
    1. Do I send the filled N-400 online or directly to USCIS office?
    2. If USCIS office, which address if I live near Dallas, Texas?
    3. After I submitted my application, what's next?

Appreciate any input you guys share, thanks and God bless us all!

I have done several USCIS petitions for myself and family members (Never needed to hire a lawyer).Forums like these are very helpful. Lawyer is not needed if the case is straight forward and no complications like court cases involved.

To answer your questions.

1. Online is better. Reduces paperwork and application gets into their system faster.
    2. File online. No need to send any paperwork.
    3. After filing, you will get appointment for biometrics which is pretty quick (It was few weeks before Covid but taking a little longer now). But after that, it can be a year long wait as Dallas is very busy office.

Originally posted by mrluigi View Post
    Hi, I used to hire a Lawyer for the processing of my papers and now I'm eligible to apply for citizenship and I've decided to apply by myself. The lawyer is charging $1,500 just to submit my papers. Ridiculous.

My questions are:
    1. Do I send the filled N-400 online or directly to USCIS office?
    2. If USCIS office, which address if I live near Dallas, Texas?
    3. After I submitted my application, what's next?

Appreciate any input you guys share, thanks and God bless us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Donald_Trump View Post
      I have done several USCIS petitions for myself and family members (Never needed to hire a lawyer).Forums like these are very helpful. Lawyer is not needed if the case is straight forward and no complications like court cases involved.

To answer your questions.

1. Online is better. Reduces paperwork and application gets into their system faster.
      2. File online. No need to send any paperwork.
      3. After filing, you will get appointment for biometrics which is pretty quick (It was few weeks before Covid but taking a little longer now). But after that, it can be a year long wait as Dallas is very busy office.
      Thanks, Donald for the info you've provided. You are right, Forums like this saves us a lot of money.

Just to confirm, is this the site where we file it online? https://www.uscis.gov/n-400

Thanks again.

Comment

You are welcome. Yes, that's the site.

Originally posted by mrluigi View Post

Thanks, Donald for the info you've provided. You are right, Forums like this saves us a lot of money.

Just to confirm, is this the site where we file it online? https://www.uscis.gov/n-400

Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X