Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Address change after N400 interview scheduled (Tricky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address change after N400 interview scheduled (Tricky)

I tried to call the USCIS but I couldn't get past the automated response so here I am.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Me and my wife just received a notice that the interview was scheduled 7/15. It is 6/17 today and we're moving to Southern California on 7/1.

My understanding is that we need to change the address on the USCIS website within 10 days "AFTER" moving to the new address, however, we haven't moved yet.

Questions: We are supposed to let USCIS know about any changes asap, but given we haven't moved yet,
    - Is it ok to change the address now or wait until we move?
    - Would it be too late if we change the address on USCIS on 7/1?
    - Will it be too early if we change the address right away (before moving)?
    - Can we request interview location be changed to Southern California ( I dont know how to do this given no1 picks up the phone)

Thoughts?

We are supposed to let USCIS know about any changes asap, but given we haven't moved yet.
    >>> You need to file an AR-11 within 10 days of physically moving to the new location.

- Is it ok to change the address now or wait until we move?
    >>> Wait till you have moved.

- Would it be too late if we change the address on USCIS on 7/1?
    >>> When are you actually moving ? How far is this location from your old one ?

- Will it be too early if we change the address right away (before moving)?
    >>> Yes, it is too early.

- Can we request interview location be changed to Southern California ( I dont know how to do this given no1 picks up the phone)
    >>> Yes, once you move , you can return the Oath notice and request the location change due to your new address.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

To answer your last question, I wouldn't advice changing interview to a new location. It can take several weeks to months to get a new interview date even at the same ASC location, let alone an entirely new location. Why go through the waiting period all over again when you have come this far in your immigration process? It surely wouldn't be a wise decision to delay everything from your end.

It may be wiser to simply change the address AFTER you have physically moved as mentioned by R78 as well (as you already know, which you must to do within 10 days of moving). Best option may be to physically move possibly a week or so after you're intended date (which you mentioned as 7/1). Stay at a friend's place or an Airbnb. And...if you're just moving to LA, I would advice driving back the 5 or so hrs to do the interview in current location.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X