RFE for Tax Transcript for past 5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE for Tax Transcript for past 5 years

After citizenship interview, I received an RFE to submit the tax transcripts for the past 5 years. However, I created an online account with IRS and was able to pull transcripts for only past 4 years. I'm missing the one for 2016. However, I filled out the 4506-T form and faxed to IRS since 7/3/2021. I still haven't received it yet, what should I do? The RFE due date is 8/3. Please advise what should I do.

Many thanks

any advice??

Comment

Send a copy of that return with evidence that you made a payment for taxes due or proof of refund received (bank statement)
      also write a letter to USCIS stating that the returns only go back 4 yrs
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

R78 Thank you! Shouldn’t USCIS know already that IRS can only go back to 4 years with transcripts?!!! Also, did you happen some people who did what you said and things went ok with USCIS? Please advise!

Comment

any more advice guys?

Comment

I think IRS has 4 different types of tax records. Some (the simpler one, i forgot the type name) goes back further than 4 years. The full transcripts go back only 4 years

Comment

tacoolar that is correct to the "Tax Account Transcripts", but USCIS's request is usually about the "Tax Return Transcripts" that only go back to 4 years! Now that I was able to get the past 4 years from IRS online account, but there's no way to get the fifth year the same way as it's not available online, as you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by saljuboori View Post
                any more advice guys?
                Send an explanation letter with all the receipts of the transaction between you and IRS, include screenshots if necessary. Additionally, call them and speak with someone, they do give apt advice. All the best.
                7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

I called them and they mailed it to me. I received mine within a week. The tricky part is to get someone on the phone.. it’s usually a long wait. I called 866 682 7451 extension 568.
                  Last edited by Lina123; 07-23-2021, 11:30 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X