Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 Interview - Passed test, but no decision

Hi,

I had my N400 interview on July 9th, at FO st louis MO, the interview went for about 25 mins, officer started off with finger print, then writing, reading and civics test, i passed all. Then went on to application questions, which also went well, however i gave wrong address answer for the place i lived 4 years ago, i was confused and couldnt remember the correct address, i should have said i dont remember, but i gave an incorrect answer, apart from this the interview was very straight forward, and no other mistakes, i do not have any arrests, citations, etc. paid taxes every year, clean record. Travel history was also absolutely fine.
    i signed couple forms of information of Naturalization certificate and Oath and then IO printed letter which marked passed the tests and no decision has been made.
    Its been 2 weeks by now i had the interview, and no updates.
    Do i have to wait more time, how long it takes for a decision, do they need anything from me,
    Any one in similar boat or has similar experiences.
    Any input are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thank you for sharing Raz008. I am not in the same position, as yet, my interview is coming up in 3 weeks. I assume since you signed a 'couple of forms' of naturalization certificate and oath, it may indicate that you have sailed on to the final stage of this process. Congratulations. Do you remember the civic questions you were asked?
    7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
    10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
    7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
    8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
    5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
      Thank you for sharing Raz008. I am not in the same position, as yet, my interview is coming up in 3 weeks. I assume since you signed a 'couple of forms' of naturalization certificate and oath, it may indicate that you have sailed on to the final stage of this process. Congratulations. Do you remember the civic questions you were asked?
      Thanks for the response. signing the 2 forms is just normal procedure i believe, thought i am not 100% sure,

The civics question the IO asked me are very simple ones.
      1. Name 2 federal holidays
      2. what are first 10 amendments called.
      3. what does fed gov do - declare war, print money etc
      4. ocean in the east coast - atantic
      5. last day to file taxes - april 15th -
      6. what did martin luther king faught for -
      i have answered all 6 correct, and she passed me one lien to read and write on a tablet. Sentence Like: California is the state with large population.

Good luck for your interview, I'd suggest you to read the application thoroughly, espcially travel dates, address lived in the past 5-6 years, dates of moving in and out of past addresses, your job duties, since when you started working on your job, etc.,

Comment

Originally posted by raz008 View Post

Thanks for the response. signing the 2 forms is just normal procedure i believe, thought i am not 100% sure,

The civics question the IO asked me are very simple ones.
        1. Name 2 federal holidays
        2. what are first 10 amendments called.
        3. what does fed gov do - declare war, print money etc
        4. ocean in the east coast - atantic
        5. last day to file taxes - april 15th -
        6. what did martin luther king faught for -
        i have answered all 6 correct, and she passed me one lien to read and write on a tablet. Sentence Like: California is the state with large population.

Good luck for your interview, I'd suggest you to read the application thoroughly, espcially travel dates, address lived in the past 5-6 years, dates of moving in and out of past addresses, your job duties, since when you started working on your job, etc.,
        Thank you for sharing the questions. I believe all will be well. I didn't get to save the application after completing it online. I gave answers similar to those on the I485 so will review that one and try to rely on memory.
        7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
        10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
        7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
        8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
        5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Anyone still waiting like me, ? I still do not have any updates,
          Just curious any one waiting for the decision since 2+ months

Comment

Hi, I have been waiting since June 10t that I had my interview.

Comment

Hi, I have been waiting since June 10t that I had my interview. I passed the test and answered all the application questions, The system was also down the day I had my interview and I had to wait for four hours and then I think it was 45min with the interview. I called and asked last week id there is any update and they said they are going to notify the office and they should get back to me within 2 weeks. I know is frustrating. I wish both of us best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss. Confusion View Post
                Hi, I have been waiting since June 10t that I had my interview. I passed the test and answered all the application questions, The system was also down the day I had my interview and I had to wait for four hours and then I think it was 45min with the interview. I called and asked last week id there is any update and they said they are going to notify the office and they should get back to me within 2 weeks. I know is frustrating. I wish both of us best of luck.
                Hi,

Update from my End:
                Yesterday my online status (account and case status) changed to Oath ceremony scheduled.
                It took 2 months 1 week wait time to hear the good update.
                Waiting on my Oath Letter now.

Wish you good luck on yours!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X