Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS - i'm guessing I need to lower expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS - i'm guessing I need to lower expectations

Hi Guys I submitted my N-400 yesterday morning online. I am assuming my local office is Oklahoma City where I live. Woke up today with two notifications one is that they waived my biometrics and are reusing previous one. The second one was that my case is being actively reviewed by someone.

This seems way to quick? How long did it take from being actively reviewed notification to receiving a interview and test date? I am guessing I need to seriously lower my expectations and excitement as estimated wait time for OKC states 9 months.

I will update this post when I get the next step incase anyone else looks for answers for this in future use.
    Last edited by okccanary; 09-03-2021, 02:28 PM.

I submitted my N-400 application in Feb, 2021 and my field office is Kansas City. It still shows 8 months to process my case. So far it is more than 6 months now but no information from USCIS at all and kept waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cricket123456 View Post
      I submitted my N-400 application in Feb, 2021 and my field office is Kansas City. It still shows 8 months to process my case. So far it is more than 6 months now but no information from USCIS at all and kept waiting.
      awesome thanks for replying. Just as i expected need to seriously lower my expectations and dig in for the long run????

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post
        Hi Guys I submitted my N-400 yesterday morning online. I am assuming my local office is Oklahoma City where I live. Woke up today with two notifications one is that they waived my biometrics and are reusing previous one. The second one was that my case is being actively reviewed by someone.

This seems way to quick? How long did it take from being actively reviewed notification to receiving a interview and test date? I am guessing I need to seriously lower my expectations and excitement as estimated wait time for OKC states 9 months.

I will upload this post when I get the next step incase anyone else looks for answers for this in future use.
        You don't necessarily have to lower your expectations. I filed my N-400 July 3rd, 2 days later it said they would reuse my biometrics and my case was being actively reviewed. Not long after that I got scheduled for an interview, which was at the end of July. I think there was about 3 weeks between.

Then I got approved in the interview the very same day. I had to wait about a week and then they mailed notice of ceremony which is taking place this month.

So for me, N-400 timeline was about 2 months, despite the fact the estimated times were giving me around a year long wait.

It really depends on a bit of luck, the complexity of your case etc, ours was very simple.
        Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
        4-12: Arrived in Chicago
        4-14: Picked up by USCIS
        4-19: Email & text notifications received
        4-23: I-797 Receipts received
        4-27: Biometrics notice received
        5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
        5-11: Biometrics completed
        6-04: Interview scheduled
        6-09: Received interview letter
        7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
        7-13: Card was Mailed
        7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post

You don't necessarily have to lower your expectations. I filed my N-400 July 3rd, 2 days later it said they would reuse my biometrics and my case was being actively reviewed. Not long after that I got scheduled for an interview, which was at the end of July. I think there was about 3 weeks between.

Then I got approved in the interview the very same day. I had to wait about a week and then they mailed notice of ceremony which is taking place this month.

So for me, N-400 timeline was about 2 months, despite the fact the estimated times were giving me around a year long wait.

It really depends on a bit of luck, the complexity of your case etc, ours was very simple.
          Thanks so much Tezza for your timeline. Ok so i'm going to expect the worst but hope for the best!! My case is rather simple and have easy and good evidence. Joint bank, Joint names on House deed etc so hopefully I might follow your timeline. My removal of conditions was completed in 3 months so hopefully this will be as straightforward!

Comment

same here. applied 09/14, same day I got the receipt letter, biometrics reuse and case being reviewed actively.
            fingers crossed!

Comment

Same here. Applied 9/13. Received NOA and reuse biometric same day. NBC.
              Lets create a Sep fillers. Marriage based.

Comment

Mine was quick. Within a couple of days I had the biometrics reuse notice. A couple of weeks later I had an interview scheduled. I did the interview just short of 4 months from initial application and I did the oath ceremony immediately after the interview.

April 1st application, June 28th Oath ceremony and interview, US passport in hand August 9th!
                Last edited by johnvan; 09-20-2021, 12:34 AM. Reason: Date correction

Comment

Originally posted by eyen View Post
                  same here. applied 09/14, same day I got the receipt letter, biometrics reuse and case being reviewed actively.
                  fingers crossed!
                  perfect lets keep each other updated! have not had any updates since so far!

Comment

Originally posted by dmike View Post
                    Same here. Applied 9/13. Received NOA and reuse biometric same day. NBC.
                    Lets create a Sep fillers. Marriage based.

perfect lets keep each other updated! have not had any updates since so far! if you want to make one i'll be down or we can just use this one?

Comment

Originally posted by johnvan View Post
                      Mine was quick. Within a couple of days I had the biometrics reuse notice. A couple of weeks later I had an interview scheduled. I did the interview just short of 4 months from initial application and I did the oath ceremony immediately after the interview.

April 1st application, June 28th Oath ceremony and interview, US passport in hand August 9th!
                      thanks so much for sharing your timeline!! Gives me hope!

Comment

Lets make new one. So more people will add their experience. I will start new one. Will keep updating it on regular basis.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X