How the Citizenship process works for Under 18 years old Child who is in GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Citizenship process works for Under 18 years old Child who is in GC

Myself and my wife applying for Citizenship process - N400 and wondering, how would my son gets the USA citizenship?

when we apply USA passport for my son, we just need to attach our Citizenship Certificate ? Is that enough? he wont be called for any Oath process?

can someone assist me?

Originally posted by aashraffali View Post
    Myself and my wife applying for Citizenship process - N400 and wondering, how would my son gets the USA citizenship?
    I am assuming that he is a permanent resident living in the US with you guys? As long as either of you take the oath before he turns 18, he automatically and involuntarily becomes a US citizen.

when we apply USA passport for my son, we just need to attach our Citizenship Certificate ?
    Yes. One of your Certificates of Naturalization, his birth certificate proving parent-child relationship, green card or other proof of his permanent residence, plus proof that he was living in the US with you while under 18 (your marriage certificate is usually sufficient).

he wont be called for any Oath process?
    No, not unless he chooses to file N-600 to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship (which he doesn't ever need to do, but some people apply for one anyway)
    Last edited by newacct; 09-16-2021, 07:11 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post

i am assuming that he is a permanent resident living in the us with you guys? As long as either of you take the oath before he turns 18, he automatically and involuntarily becomes a us citizen.

Yes. One of your certificates of naturalization, his birth certificate proving parent-child relationship, green card or other proof of his permanent residence, plus proof that he was living in the us with you while under 18 (your marriage certificate is usually sufficient).

No, not unless he chooses to file n-600 to apply for a certificate of citizenship (which he doesn't ever need to do, but some people apply for one anyway)
      thanks alot

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X