citizenship - naturalization - special case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citizenship - naturalization - special case

I obtained my green card in 2008 through my step father. After 5 years, I applied for US citizenship and it was denied because USCIS was saying the they issued the green card by mistake and i was not a legal permeant resident. In 2018 i applied for green card renewal and they approved it until 2028. I am married with a US citizen now and i would like to reapply for naturalization. how can i change the status of my green card so USCIS approve my citizenship?

Originally posted by 156Dumont View Post
    I obtained my green card in 2008 through my step father. After 5 years, I applied for US citizenship and it was denied because USCIS was saying the they issued the green card by mistake and i was not a legal permeant resident. In 2018 i applied for green card renewal and they approved it until 2028. I am married with a US citizen now and i would like to reapply for naturalization. how can i change the status of my green card so USCIS approve my citizenship?
    File an I-130/I-485 package. Get a new green card. Wait 3 years. File for citizenship

Comment

Talk to a lawyer. I don’t think you have to do anything. Just make sure you were married for at least 2 years and 9 months before you apply for naturalization

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X