Tax records for citizenship interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax records for citizenship interview

Do I have to take tax records for a citizenship interview? my interview does not ask for it

Did you upload all your tax records with your initial application. (I believe you need the last three years but dont quote me on this!) If you did then I would say its up to you!! I did not take anything with me to my interview that I had already uploaded to my account. However I did double checked I could still access and pull it up if needed during the interview on my phone. However, if by taking the records it eases any anxiety then go ahead!! theres nothing wrong with taking them!

If you did not upload the required years of tax returns then absolutely take them as they will prob ask for them!

Comment

Hi there,
      I am planning to apply for a citizenship. I am married to a US citizen for 6 years. However we owe a back taxes. What is the best way to do? We plan to pay installment on those. How many years of tax docs do I have to submit or bring to the interview? Please help. I appreciate your feedback.
      Thanks.

Comment

For the sake of printing a few pages, I certainly would print and take with me.

Comment

You can print out tax transcripts from the IRS website. My lawyer recommended bringing last 5 years.
          Forms sent 6/2
          Forms received 6/4
          Received texts/e-mails 6/6
          PD 6/5 & 6/6
          NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
          Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
          SR 9/2
          Contacted Congressman 10/1
          Called the Congressman's office 10/10
          Interview letter 10/10
          Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
          Received EAD/AP card 10/17
          Interview 11/8 RFE after
          New Card Being Produced 11/16
          Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}