USCIS computer issues at appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS computer issues at appointment

After an 18-month wait, my wife is finally inside the USCIS office for her N400 interview right now. She has been inside for 3+ hours. Apparently they're having problems accessing one of their 2 systems. They're processing some applicants, but not others. My wife, of course, is among others. Her application is as simple as they get.

Anyone had that happen? What to do? Sounds like they gave up on the computers and are discussing possibly doing the interview "on paper."

Just when we thought the frustration was almost over.

UPDATE: The officer ended up doing the interview on paper. Civics test passed. My wife was instructed to leave and wait for oath ceremony notice.

When we got home (3-hour drive), I logged on the the USCIS site and its total chaos in there. There are 7 new "Notices" with "Date Sent" today, Sep 22, 2022. One Interview de-scheduled (for today's interview which already happened), five(!!!) "Interview canceled" for dates ranging from today to a couple of weeks out and one "Interview re-scheduled" for November 1, 2022 at 2:05PM. From what I understand they typically do oath ceremonies in the afternoons, could it be for that?

This is totally confusing.
    Last edited by ultrap13; 09-22-2022, 11:14 PM.

Comment

What a mess! Sorry she had to go thru that. Which field office did she do her interview at? N-400 interviews/oath ceremony varies by each individual field office (I read that one location even has Saturday oath ceremony).

Comment

San Antonio

Comment

UPDATE: Case status now shows:

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
          We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

5 of 6 interviews that the system erroneously scheduled on Sep 22 were canceled, but not the last one. It is still showing as scheduled for Nov 01, even though the interview was completed on Sep 22. I assume we'll have to call USCIS to get that fixed to avoid an unnecessary 3+3hr trip. Unless that is in fact the ceremony date. This is still really confusing.
          Last edited by ultrap13; 09-27-2022, 07:40 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X