Have you ever been “cited” question on N-400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been “cited” question on N-400

I not sure how to answer the question “have you ever been cited” on form N-400. I put “no” for that although I recently remembered back in 2017 I got pulled over by a police officer and was requested to appear in court for driving without insurance (I did not have it with me at the time I was driving). My case was dismissed because I showed proof of insurance in the court. Should I have answered a “YES” then to that question?

I don’t have any proof to show that my case was dismissed, but the police officer told me at that time that once I have showed proof of insurance it won’t appear in my records. My interview is coming up, and I wanted to see if rectify that particular question at my interview or just leave the answer as a “NO.” I do want to be honest, however on my past green card application in 2018 I also put “no” to that question. I don’t want to put myself in a mess if things don’t add up like that.

Originally posted by JV2018 View Post
    I not sure how to answer the question “have you ever been cited” on form N-400. I put “no” for that although I recently remembered back in 2017 I got pulled over by a police officer and was requested to appear in court for driving without insurance (I did not have it with me at the time I was driving). My case was dismissed because I showed proof of insurance in the court. Should I have answered a “YES” then to that question?

I don’t have any proof to show that my case was dismissed, but the police officer told me at that time that once I have showed proof of insurance it won’t appear in my records. My interview is coming up, and I wanted to see if rectify that particular question at my interview or just leave the answer as a “NO.” I do want to be honest, however on my past green card application in 2018 I also put “no” to that question. I don’t want to put myself in a mess if things don’t add up like that.
    Leave the answer as NO and during the interview if IO asks you if you need to make any changes, then bring it up. Make sure you have supporting documents to show the case was dismissed. I think you will be fine.

Comment

I had that question asked in my interview and I asked the IO if that cited includes a traffic ticket. He said to do not to worry about it and he kept no.
      Field Office: Miami-FL
      Package sent: 01/26/2018
      PD: 01/29/2018
      Texts: 02/06/2018
      NOAs: 02/10/2018
      Biometrics: Received 02/16 - Done at 02/27 - Walk-in
      Interview is ready to be scheduled: 03/26/2018
      EAD card is being produced: 06/18/2018 (140 days)
      I-765/I-131 - Approved 06/19/2018

Comment

If you search for the county clerk of the court's website for where the incident happened, you should be able to search cases based on your last name.

You can then download the documents according to this case from there.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X