Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

I went for my N-400 citizenship interview this morning with all the documents that the letter asked me to bring. I passed the civics and English tests with flying colors. The IO eventially asked for evidence of our marriage. I pulled out my marriage certificate (which the letter told me to bring ) and she said that she needed updated proof (which the letter did not ask for). She then told me that a decision could not be made today but she did not tell me why. I checked my online case status shortly after leaving and it now says "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled". I hate to sound ignorant, or dumb, but does this mean my application has been approved? What can I expect from here on out? TIA!

If its says Oat ceremoney will be scheduled, that means the application has been approved and a mail will be sent to you for the Oat ceremeony date. Keep checking for updates incase anything changes, buh for now, be positive that you are approved. I think the IO didnt know much till she informed her supervisor.

Comment

Congrats - it sounds like you're almost done!
      My understanding would be that they need info like tax returns, lease agreement/mortgage, proof of kids if any, etc to show that you've been married and living together after the wedding date. But it sounds like they decided to wave this?

My husband is going for his interview this week, and we are wondering whether he needs to bring along all expired passports all the way back to childhood or only the last 1-2 expired passports. What did you bring to your appointment?

Comment

Thanks for the responses! My status actually updated the next day to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed". I checked my documents on my USCIS account and it's scheduled for the 22nd! I'm just waiting for the actual letter to come in the mail.

I brought exactly what it asked for on the letter. I brought my passport, my green card and my marriage certificate. I would definitely bring absolutely everything you can think of even if they don't specifically ask for it. Proof of current marriage for sure.

After 2 long years, the end is finally in sight!

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaF423 View Post
          Thanks for the responses! My status actually updated the next day to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed". I checked my documents on my USCIS account and it's scheduled for the 22nd! I'm just waiting for the actual letter to come in the mail.

I brought exactly what it asked for on the letter. I brought my passport, my green card and my marriage certificate. I would definitely bring absolutely everything you can think of even if they don't specifically ask for it. Proof of current marriage for sure.

After 2 long years, the end is finally in sight!
          That is fast! My civics test was 12/1 based on the 5 year rule. I was approved and my status is Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. Can't wait to have it changed to Oath Ceremony Notice was Mailed.

I am from Chicago, you?
          Forms sent 6/2
          Forms received 6/4
          Received texts/e-mails 6/6
          PD 6/5 & 6/6
          NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
          Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
          SR 9/2
          Contacted Congressman 10/1
          Called the Congressman's office 10/10
          Interview letter 10/10
          Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
          Received EAD/AP card 10/17
          Interview 11/8 RFE after
          New Card Being Produced 11/16
          Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post

That is fast! My civics test was 12/1 based on the 5 year rule. I was approved and my status is Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. Can't wait to have it changed to Oath Ceremony Notice was Mailed.

I am from Chicago, you?
            I'm from Southern Maryland, but I have to travel 2 hours up to Baltimore any time I have a USCIS appointment scheduled.

My N400 timeline was like this:

10/27/2020 - We received your application
            10/13/2022 - We are actively reviewing your application
            10/31/2022 - We scheduled your interview
            12/7/2022 - Had my interview - We cannot approve your application at this time
            12/7/2022 10 minutes after interview was over - We recommend your application be approved
            12/7/22 A few minutes later - Oath ceremony will be scheduled
            12/8/22 - Oath ceremony notice was Mailed

I can see my Oath ceremony notice on my USCIS portal, but haven't yet received it in the mail. It's scheduled for 12/22!

I literally went almost 2 years with no update. Thanks covid!

Comment

Oh wow, never mind. Did not know that you waited 2 years!

I sent my application online 8/21/2022 and my civics test was 12/1/2022. I was approved on the spot so now I am just waiting on my oath ceremony to be scheduled.
              Forms sent 6/2
              Forms received 6/4
              Received texts/e-mails 6/6
              PD 6/5 & 6/6
              NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
              Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
              SR 9/2
              Contacted Congressman 10/1
              Called the Congressman's office 10/10
              Interview letter 10/10
              Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
              Received EAD/AP card 10/17
              Interview 11/8 RFE after
              New Card Being Produced 11/16
              Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}